AlexKissley

Please help! RFE I-864

26 posts in this topic

So the NVC sent us these RFE. Please read and let me know what they need: because from my understanding they need me to fill up I-864 again. And copy of my passport? Or are they only asking for Edward’s passport and Revise I-864? Im confused! Thank you in advance. Were so close but were stuck with these forms. 😭

763BD54F-7D1B-43B1-A1D7-45134C593F8F.png

B71F5A4B-AFCE-41AD-B1D0-C73865F53172.png

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove attachment containing full name.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Edward does not qualify as a household member, so cannot combine income with whomever signed the underlying I-864A.  Who is Edward to the Petitioner?

Edward needs to provide a properly completed, name printed, signed and dated I-864 and a copy of his passport data page or other official evidence of USC or LPR status.

The "sponsor" would also need to provide an properly completed etc. I-864 that properly states the personal and household income, NOT COUNTING Edward's income.  

Does Edward qualify to sponsor the immigrant on his own?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

9 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Edward does not qualify as a household member, so cannot combine income with whomever signed the underlying I-864A.  Who is Edward to the Petitioner?

Edward needs to provide a properly completed, name printed, signed and dated I-864 and a copy of his passport data page or other official evidence of USC or LPR status.

The "sponsor" would also need to provide an properly completed etc. I-864 that properly states the personal and household income, NOT COUNTING Edward's income.  

Does Edward qualify to sponsor the immigrant on his own?

Edward is my aunt’s husband who will be co sponsoring me, the petitioner.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, AlexKissley said:

Edward is my aunt’s husband who will be co sponsoring me, the petitioner.

If you are the petitioner, then Edward is a joint sponsor for your spouse, not you.  Did your aunt also provide an I-864a.  Please tell us what was submitted the first time from all of you, regarding the affidavits of support, so we can be certain we are responding appropriately.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, AlexKissley said:

So the NVC sent us these RFE. Please read and let me know what they need: because from my understanding they need me to fill up I-864 again. And copy of my passport? Or are they only asking for Edward’s passport and Revise I-864? Im confused! Thank you in advance. Were so close but were stuck with these forms. 😭

The request is directed to Edward, "Checklist for household member  EDWARD"   " Checklist for Financial Sponsor  EDWARD"

You are the sponsor.   Edward is a co-sponsor.   Do you live in the the same household with Edward?  (that is intended use for the I-864A)   If you live in different homes then the I-864 is used.   And of course supporting documents would be most recent tax returns (transcripts actually) and most recent W-2 as noted in the request also.      And yes they want evidence of status of Edward, USC or LPR.

I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member

Use this form if you are a household member and want to promise to make your income and/or assets available to help support sponsored immigrants. 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864a

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 hours ago, pushbrk said:

If you are the petitioner, then Edward is a joint sponsor for your spouse, not you.  Did your aunt also provide an I-864a.  Please tell us what was submitted the first time from all of you, regarding the affidavits of support, so we can be certain we are responding appropriately.

Thank you so much for taking your time to reply on this matter. My aunt is my joint sponsor. But since she is married to edward. We submitted an I-864a for him also.

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

The request is directed to Edward, "Checklist for household member  EDWARD"   " Checklist for Financial Sponsor  EDWARD"

You are the sponsor.   Edward is a co-sponsor.   Do you live in the the same household with Edward?  (that is intended use for the I-864A)   If you live in different homes then the I-864 is used.   And of course supporting documents would be most recent tax returns (transcripts actually) and most recent W-2 as noted in the request also.      And yes they want evidence of status of Edward, USC or LPR.

I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member

Use this form if you are a household member and want to promise to make your income and/or assets available to help support sponsored immigrants. 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864a

Just to clarify, I have to use I-864a as a petitioner. And yes, my permanent address is the same as his. But I am currently here in Philippines as i just gave birth with my daughter and i wanted to be with husband. Planning on filing for CRBA soon.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
30 minutes ago, AlexKissley said:

Just to clarify, I have to use I-864a as a petitioner. And yes, my permanent address is the same as his. But I am currently here in Philippines as i just gave birth with my daughter and i wanted to be with husband. Planning on filing for CRBA soon.

You as the petitioner files an I-864.

Your Joint Sponsor files an I-864.

Your Joint Sponsor's spouse files an I-864a.

Make sure you have evidence of living in the US for 5 years before going to the PI to give birth for the CRBA.

59 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

You as the petitioner files an I-864.

Your Joint Sponsor files an I-864.

Your Joint Sponsor's spouse files an I-864a.

Make sure you have evidence of living in the US for 5 years before going to the PI to give birth for the CRBA.

I have been living in US since 2008. However, i just got my citizenship 2016. I came here in Philippines april 2018. I have my passport stamps. Would that be enough? And tax transcripts. But i dont have tax transcript for 2018 because i filed an extension. But i didnt make anything for 2018. I didnt work for the whole year. And i didnt have anything to file. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, AlexKissley said:

No to using the I-864a,  you use the I-864, follow aaron2020's suggestion.

As for CRBA I will include a link or two.   I also highly suggest you get the Philippine passport for the little one if you haven't already done so, this will eliminate the ECC fee issue.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/birth/crba/

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/crba.html

Has your husband completed the CFO-GCP seminar ?

Philippines forum:  https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

53 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

No to using the I-864a,  you use the I-864, follow aaron2020's suggestion.

As for CRBA I will include a link or two.   I also highly suggest you get the Philippine passport for the little one if you haven't already done so, this will eliminate the ECC fee issue.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/birth/crba/

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/crba.html

Has your husband completed the CFO-GCP seminar ?

Philippines forum:  https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Thank you so much! I will submit another I-864.

for CRBA, really i still need to get my baby Philippine passport first? And whats is CFO-GCP seminar?

Timeline
Just now, AlexKissley said:

Thank you so much! I will submit another I-864.

for CRBA, really i still need to get my baby Philippine passport first? And whats is CFO-GCP seminar?

You don't need to get the Philippine passport for the baby 1st, but you should get it before leaving for the states, otherwise you will need to take a trip to BI to complete the ECC (foreigners pay this) and pay the fee.   Philippine passport removes the ECC issue .. makes life easier.

Your husband will need to attend the CFO-GCP seminar as he is the spouse of a USC, then when he has his passport with visa he will need to get the CFO sticker before exiting the Philippines.    For the GCP seminar he can attend the seminar before receiving the visa.   Scheduling for the seminar can be limited which is why most try to get this done as quickly as possible.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

26 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You don't need to get the Philippine passport for the baby 1st, but you should get it before leaving for the states, otherwise you will need to take a trip to BI to complete the ECC (foreigners pay this) and pay the fee.   Philippine passport removes the ECC issue .. makes life easier.

Your husband will need to attend the CFO-GCP seminar as he is the spouse of a USC, then when he has his passport with visa he will need to get the CFO sticker before exiting the Philippines.    For the GCP seminar he can attend the seminar before receiving the visa.   Scheduling for the seminar can be limited which is why most try to get this done as quickly as possible.

Thank you so much for that information! We didnt know we still have to do that. 

On 9/8/2019 at 2:03 AM, Hank_ said:

Hello! Another question, I didn’t have anything to file for 2018 as I was unemployed. I did file an extension until October, however, I can’t come back yet to US to do my taxes. Can I just not file? Since I dont have anything to file anyway? Plus, NVC asking to submit most recent tax transcripts. I have 2017, 2016. If i dont file for to 2018, how can i show evidence that Im not required to file?

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlexKissley said:

Hello! Another question, I didn’t have anything to file for 2018 as I was unemployed. I did file an extension until October, however, I can’t come back yet to US to do my taxes. Can I just not file? Since I dont have anything to file anyway? Plus, NVC asking to submit most recent tax transcripts. I have 2017, 2016. If i dont file for to 2018, how can i show evidence that Im not required to file?

IRS use to have a form for calculating whether you need to pay tax or not, last time I looked it was a online computation.   Maybe you could print out the result page and attach it to a letter were you explain your income it below required amounts.    https://www.irs.gov/help/ita/do-i-need-to-file-a-tax-return

Which brings up the question;  How are you going to show financial support evidence to meet the I-864P poverty guidelines ?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.