Kali2015

RFE ... what else should I provide ?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kali2015 said:

We don’t have any checking/saving account . And yes I am authorized user on her credit card but I lost my credit card 2 years ago so we use her credit card for groceries and stuff so on statements it shows only her name .  

For proof of payments I requested lease office to print me ledger for payments . I also requested Car insurance and renters insurance companies to provide of ledgers for payments made from start to the present date . 

For tax return I am gonna include 2015 and 2018 statement  . They already have 2016 and 2017.

but I don’t understand the mail part . How many mails should we include and what dates ? 

You have to sent a letter explaining why you don't have joint checking and savings account.

Not so good with CC that made that evidence a bit harder to use.

Letters address you both or some in her name and some in yours shows that you both get mail to the address. If its more important mail like bills that would be better! Utility bill are a good one to use. I would sent them from time of marriage til now since you guys lack the good financial evidence for ROC. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

You have to sent a letter explaining why you don't have joint checking and savings account.

Not so good with CC that made that evidence a bit harder to use.

Letters address you both or some in her name and some in yours shows that you both get mail to the address. If its more important mail like bills that would be better! Utility bill are a good one to use. I would sent them from time of marriage til now since you guys lack the good financial evidence for ROC. 

I thought Joint Tax return is a part of  financial evidence . And will include some letters from random dates . I appreciate your time . Please let me know if you have more ideas . Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Do you have children together? I sent birth certificates of my babies. They were born 1 yr and 4 months apart from each other so that shows evidence that at least we're sharing a bed! Haha other than that I did sent most of the stuff you did (except for the friends letters which is now making me nervous!), I got my finger print appointment on July and since then there hasn't been any other updates or RFE's.

I did send the car papers where I'm a co-buyer, mortgage papers where I'm the co-owner, previous lease documents of the apartments we used to live at are where I was listed, I sent joint checking account statements, I sent pictures of all of us in different years on Holidays and family trips, I sent bills in my name and his name that are sent to the same address, joint tax returns for a few years, I did send the marriage certificate. Some say it's not needed, but in Law School back at home I was taught that it's better to send excess documents and be redundant than have things missing and lose the case. 

I hope this helps.

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent: 2015-06-18

I-129F NOA1: 2015-06-26

NOA1 Hardcopy: 2015-07-02

NOA2: 2015-07-29

NOA2 Hardcopy: 2015-08-03

NVC Received: 2015-08-26

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2015-08-26

NVC Left: 2015-08-31

Consulate Received: 2015-09-08

Interview Date: 2015-10-20

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2015-11-02

US Entry : 2015-11-04

Marriage : 2015-12-17

On 9/7/2019 at 8:45 PM, Kali2015 said:

I thought Joint Tax return is a part of  financial evidence . And will include some letters from random dates . I appreciate your time . Please let me know if you have more ideas . Thanks

A joint tax return is part of financial evidence, but alone it doesn't mean much. "Good" financial evidence would be the combination of Joint Tax returns, Joint Bank Accounts, and then any joint loans or mortgages. Having just one of the many options leaves it weak.

As other posters have said, since you can't provide strong financial information focus on co-habitation. Anything that shows you live in the same home. You can also add in a power of attorney or will for good measure. 

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Meli&Tommy said:

Do you have children together? I sent birth certificates of my babies. They were born 1 yr and 4 months apart from each other so that shows evidence that at least we're sharing a bed! Haha other than that I did sent most of the stuff you did (except for the friends letters which is now making me nervous!), I got my finger print appointment on July and since then there hasn't been any other updates or RFE's.

I did send the car papers where I'm a co-buyer, mortgage papers where I'm the co-owner, previous lease documents of the apartments we used to live at are where I was listed, I sent joint checking account statements, I sent pictures of all of us in different years on Holidays and family trips, I sent bills in my name and his name that are sent to the same address, joint tax returns for a few years, I did send the marriage certificate. Some say it's not needed, but in Law School back at home I was taught that it's better to send excess documents and be redundant than have things missing and lose the case. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your time :) . All they need is evidence from the date of marriage to the current date . With my I-751 form I submitted documents/evidence after I got 2 year green card . We thought they already have previous documents but they requested those documents again which is completely waste of time , paper and Ink.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Kali2015 said:

EThanks for your time :) . All they need is evidence from the date of marriage to the current date . With my I-751 form I submitted documents/evidence after I got 2 year green card . We thought they already have previous documents but they requested those documents again which is completely waste of time , paper and Ink.

I've been on these forums for a few years and unfortunately, sometimes they lose the documents so it is always recommended to have exact copies of everything you send and to not send originals unless they request them. It's frustrating, I know, but an undeniable reality of this process at times. If you have copies or similar documents (statements from other months) or stuff you can request from your bank and others, just send them out. Good luck!  

Edited by Meli&Tommy

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent: 2015-06-18

I-129F NOA1: 2015-06-26

NOA1 Hardcopy: 2015-07-02

NOA2: 2015-07-29

NOA2 Hardcopy: 2015-08-03

NVC Received: 2015-08-26

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2015-08-26

NVC Left: 2015-08-31

Consulate Received: 2015-09-08

Interview Date: 2015-10-20

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2015-11-02

US Entry : 2015-11-04

Marriage : 2015-12-17

2 hours ago, Kali2015 said:

We thought they already have previous documents but they requested those documents again which is completely waste of time , paper and Ink.

This assumption is wrong. It's a new case, and the expectation is that you have to re-established your eligibility for permanent residence based on ALL of the time after marriage. Re-sending documents you sent for the AOS is very important. Send them EVERYTHING that has both of your names on it. Including your marriage certificate (as I mentioned previously). 

I would also open a shared account and start using it ASAP.  This will show your intention to share finances, and if you get called for an interview or if you need to re-apply, you'll have something to back that intention up. 

My wife mentioned a couple of times she wanted a separate checking account, to which I said: "Only after you're a citizen. Case closed."

Timeline

Thank you everyone for being so Generous here . I am able to gather a bundle of evidence from the date of marriage to present date .

1. Copies of lease from the marriage date to present date with General ledger which shows all payments activities.

2. Copies of state and federal tax return with W-2 for year 2015 and 2018( they already have 2016and 2017) .

3. Copies of Drivers license for both of us .

4. Copies of health insurance from the marriage date to the present date.

5. Copies of car insurance from the marriage date to present date with Ledger shows all payments made . 

6. Copies of renter insurance from the marriage date to the present date .

7. An affidavit from neighbor. 

8. Several vacation tickets from each year.

9. Since we don’t have any joint checking or savings account so we included utility bills and checking accounts statements for both of us for random months from each year. 

10. Official confirmation letter form UPS stating change of address from old address to new address in both names . 

Am i missing any thing ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Kali2015 said:

Thank you everyone for being so Generous here . I am able to gather a bundle of evidence from the date of marriage to present date .

1. Copies of lease from the marriage date to present date with General ledger which shows all payments activities.

2. Copies of state and federal tax return with W-2 for year 2015 and 2018( they already have 2016and 2017) .

5. Copies of car insurance from the marriage date to present date with Ledger shows all payments made . 

9. Since we don’t have any joint checking or savings account so we included utility bills and checking accounts statements for both of us for random months from each year. 

10. Official confirmation letter form UPS stating change of address from old address to new address in both names . 

Am i missing any thing ?

*life insurance,401k showing that you are the beneficiary?

*pictures together with family and friends.

thats all i could think that you can add to your list.

6 hours ago, Kali2015 said:

Am i missing any thing ?

You could add in a statement as to why you don't have a joint account. Something simple such as that as a couple ya'll have chosen to keep your finances separate, and then explain who pays what bill and so on and so forth. This has helped a good number of couples who don't have joint accounts because joint accounts is almost something USCIS expects from everyone, along with tax returns.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline
On 9/10/2019 at 6:24 AM, Ash. said:

You could add in a statement as to why you don't have a joint account. Something simple such as that as a couple ya'll have chosen to keep your finances separate, and then explain who pays what bill and so on and so forth. This has helped a good number of couples who don't have joint accounts because joint accounts is almost something USCIS expects from everyone, along with tax returns.

We included random bank statements for each of us for address verification and payments verification for different utilities that also shows online transfers between our accounts.

Edited by Kali2015

Timeline

I mailed the documents/RFE back to them today to California Service Center . Hopefully they will receive it within 2-3 days . And after that I don’t know when they will be able to process my application? Does anyone have any idea how long does it take from there ?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I wanted to thank all of you guys for being so generous and kind . 

I got an update :) New card is being produced .  I pray for all of you guys . Hold tight it’s coming you are next :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.