Kali2015

RFE ... what else should I provide ?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good morning family !

I am CSC June 2018 filer . Finger Print Appointment done on July 18th 2019. And my case status update today to RFE letter sent . With my application I already provided , joint tax return documents, lease documents, rental insurance, car insurance, health and dental insurance, Marriage certificate, my GC photocopy,  credit card letter confirming both names, vacation tickets and pictures, 2 letters from friends. What else may they ask for ? And once I provide whatever they want HOW LONG I MIGHT WAIT AGAIN?  Are they going to throw me back to the end of line ? This is so frustrating...

Edited by Kali2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Updated information from sending the form til now

New tax return

Could look like they may want to see more joint financial co-mingling

Really it is hard to guess before you have the actual letter as it could be anything.

You will not go back in line but it will take somewhere between 3 weeks to 2 months or more depending.

Always make sure that they have everything you sent.

A lot of times, they will list what they do have. If you see anything missing that you know you sent, send it again.

But yes, it looks like other than Joint Tax returns and the credit card statement saying it's in both names, you will want to try to add in joint accounts (bank, credit cards, etc), joint bills, joint loans.

You'll want to send AT LEAST one full bank statement for every quarter you've been married. If you want to make sure you're good 100% you can send them all.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ash. said:

Always make sure that they have everything you sent.

A lot of times, they will list what they do have. If you see anything missing that you know you sent, send it again.

But yes, it looks like other than Joint Tax returns and the credit card statement saying it's in both names, you will want to try to add in joint accounts (bank, credit cards, etc), joint bills, joint loans.

You'll want to send AT LEAST one full bank statement for every quarter you've been married. If you want to make sure you're good 100% you can send them all.

We don’t have joint bank checking or saving account . I sent 2016 and 2017 tax return . And 15 months apt  lease copy and renter insurance assuming that they already have the previous lease agreements and rental insurance. Looks like I missed to sent them my spouse passport copy and marriage certificate copy  :(

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Kali2015 said:

We don’t have joint bank checking or saving account . I sent 2016 and 2017 tax return . And 15 months apt  lease copy and renter insurance assuming that they already have the previous lease agreements and rental insurance. Looks like I missed to sent them my spouse passport copy and marriage certificate copy  :(

Neither of those are needed. 

16 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

marriage certificate copy

Oh, I did totally send that! HOW ELSE WOULD USCIS BE ABLE TO TELL IF YOU'RE MARRIED? 🙂

For credit card, you would need to send statements, too, so they can see it's been used. And a joint bank account is very important.

Edited by implife

Timeline
59 minutes ago, implife said:

Oh, I did totally send that! HOW ELSE WOULD USCIS BE ABLE TO TELL IF YOU'RE MARRIED? 🙂

For credit card, you would need to send statements, too, so they can see it's been used. And a joint bank account is very important.

They know. You have a 2 year GC for a reason.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

They know. You have a 2 year GC for a reason.

Hopefully, I will receive letter today or by tomorrow to know exactly what they want . But I will definitely include driver license for both of us and 401k .

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kali2015 said:

Hopefully, I will receive letter today or by tomorrow to know exactly what they want . But I will definitely include driver license for both of us and 401k .

See what it says and come back and we'll see if we can help you! 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, implife said:

Oh no! They've no clue what they're doing. You know that well.

Haha yeah but at least they know that part for sure. 

If you sent it and you are fine with that then good for you but it is still not needed for evidence. 

Edited by Georgia16

Timeline
On 9/5/2019 at 1:56 PM, Georgia16 said:

Haha yeah but at least they know that part for sure. 

If you sent it and you are fine with that then good for you but it is still not needed for evidence. 

So finally I received RFE letter and they said “ However , the documentation submitted is insufficient because it did not demonstrate communal resistance and commingling of financial responsibility for the duration of your marriage to the present. 

The evidence submitted with form I-751 is limited . The lease agreements do not demonstrate that you maintained a continual residence because there was no evidence of payments made or mail received at the address listed on the lease agreements . Much of the evidence you submitted is recent because it is dated or effective in 2018. The evidence you submitted is insufficient to demonstrate continual and communal residence with your spouse from the date of marriage to the present. It also did not demonstrate commingling of financial responsibilities as described below from the date of your marriage to the present.

To establish eligibility for removal of conditions on residence, Please submit additional evidence to show you and your spouse entered the marriage in good faith and continue to share life together. “ 

and i I also need to mention they provided me a small envelope to return the evidence back to them . Lol

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Kali2015 said:

So finally I received RFE letter and they said “ However , the documentation submitted is insufficient because it did not demonstrate communal resistance and commingling of financial responsibility for the duration of your marriage to the present. 

The evidence submitted with form I-751 is limited . The lease agreements do not demonstrate that you maintained a continual residence because there was no evidence of payments made or mail received at the address listed on the lease agreements . Much of the evidence you submitted is recent because it is dated or effective in 2018. The evidence you submitted is insufficient to demonstrate continual and communal residence with your spouse from the date of marriage to the present. It also did not demonstrate commingling of financial responsibilities as described below from the date of your marriage to the present.

To establish eligibility for removal of conditions on residence, Please submit additional evidence to show you and your spouse entered the marriage in good faith and continue to share life together. “ 

and i I also need to mention they provided me a small envelope to return the evidence back to them . Lol

Haha I know I have see pictures of that envelope on here. Forget it and just do your own an attach there on top of your papers.

So for the financial you said you guys have a shared CC right? Can you print out statements from start of marriage (or when you get it til now)?

Also attach a letter saying that you do not share a joint checking or savings account do to ....

401K or anything else you guys have that show you/your spouse is the beneficiary of that

Do you have any mail address to neither of you (some in your name and some in his or in both names) that can show that you lived at that address together. 

Also print out the account where the payment are paid from to that rent.

Joint DL showing the different addresses you guys have lived at

2018 joint tax return 

Also sent in more stuff from the time you sent in til now. (Heck just sent it for the whole period)

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Haha I know I have see pictures of that envelope on here. Forget it and just do your own an attach there on top of your papers.

So for the financial you said you guys have a shared CC right? Can you print out statements from start of marriage (or when you get it til now)?

Also attach a letter saying that you do not share a joint checking or savings account do to ....

401K or anything else you guys have that show you/your spouse is the beneficiary of that

Do you have any mail address to neither of you (some in your name and some in his or in both names) that can show that you lived at that address together. 

Also print out the account where the payment are paid from to that rent.

Joint DL showing the different addresses you guys have lived at

2018 joint tax return 

Also sent in more stuff from the time you sent in til now. (Heck just sent it for the whole period)

We don’t have any checking/saving account . And yes I am authorized user on her credit card but I lost my credit card 2 years ago so we use her credit card for groceries and stuff so on statements it shows only her name .  

For proof of payments I requested lease office to print me ledger for payments . I also requested Car insurance and renters insurance companies to provide of ledgers for payments made from start to the present date . 

For tax return I am gonna include 2015 and 2018 statement  . They already have 2016 and 2017.

but I don’t understand the mail part . How many mails should we include and what dates ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.