ZemBaby9188

Still no green card....

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted and sorry if this isn't in the right forum. My husband has been here in the states for over 2 months now and has yet to receive his green card. He's worried because other people that he has spoken with who also came from Morocco have gotten theirs within 2 months or less. We thought since he got an SSN card like a week after arriving that the green card would come fairly quickly as well. Of course we called USCIS and all they could tell us is "Wait". Anyone else still waiting a while? I know they said it can take up to 120 days from the time you arrive in the US but just wondering...

thanks in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, ZemBaby9188 said:

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted and sorry if this isn't in the right forum. My husband has been here in the states for over 2 months now and has yet to receive his green card. He's worried because other people that he has spoken with who also came from Morocco have gotten theirs within 2 months or less. We thought since he got an SSN card like a week after arriving that the green card would come fairly quickly as well. Of course we called USCIS and all they could tell us is "Wait". Anyone else still waiting a while? I know they said it can take up to 120 days from the time you arrive in the US but just wondering...

thanks in advance

Processing of the GC seems very variable  . My husbands card arrived after 5 weeks but mine took 5 months.  We entered together on IR 5 visas. No reason for my delay ever given or discovered. If it’s not received by 120 days, start a service enquiry and get your Senator to enquire as well. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, Lil bear said:

Processing of the GC seems very variable  . My husbands card arrived after 5 weeks but mine took 5 months.  We entered together on IR 5 visas. No reason for my delay ever given or discovered. If it’s not received by 120 days, start a service enquiry and get your Senator to enquire as well. 

Okay thank you for the reply

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

ours came exactly a month after he arrived

Did you mark the box on DS 260 for USCIS to process the green card and pay the fee before leaving Morocco?

or did you pay the fee after arrival and apply here for it?

You can work with the I 551 statement at bottom of the visa / that is your work authorization till you get the green card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.