cherishzm

Scheduling Consular Interviews for Parents in-law on Same Date?

7 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I have I-130 approved for parents in-law (wife's father and mother on a separate I-130).   The cases just arrived at NVC and I've paid AOS (Affidavit of Support) fee for father-in-law and IV fee.  When I tried to pay fees for the mother-in-law, I have noticed that the AOS fee is already showing paid so only paid IV fee for her.  Is this because the two cases are linked?  I did notice the case numbers are only one digit apart (the last digit).  

Can someone tell me if the immigration interviews for the parents in-law would be scheduled on the same date automatically?  Or is it something that need to be requested?

Also, I did file I-130 myself and I filed both of them as principle immigrant - not sure if it should've been filed differently. 

Thanks!

Edited by cherishzm

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I believe they are scheduled for the same time, and, yes only one AOS fee.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

1 minute ago, arken said:

I believe they are scheduled for the same time, and, yes only one AOS fee.

Thanks for the post. 

Do I still need to submit two sets of AOS forms for each one?

Is it normal for each parent in law to be listed as 'principal' immigrant? 

Just wanted to make sure there's no surprise. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, cherishzm said:

Hello All,

I have I-130 approved for parents in-law (wife's father and mother on a separate I-130).   The cases just arrived at NVC and I've paid AOS (Affidavit of Support) fee for father-in-law and IV fee.  When I tried to pay fees for the mother-in-law, I have noticed that the AOS fee is already showing paid so only paid IV fee for her.  Is this because the two cases are linked?  I did notice the case numbers are only one digit apart (the last digit).  

Can someone tell me if the immigration interviews for the parents in-law would be scheduled on the same date automatically?  Or is it something that need to be requested?

Also, I did file I-130 myself and I filed both of them as principle immigrant - not sure if it should've been filed differently. 

Thanks!

Hi I just saw your post I don’t have the answer for your questions all I need is advice if I could please! So I marry a USA citizen I can with k1 visa and finally I came a USA citizen one month ago and will like to bring my mom and dad as a permanent resident; my questions are 

1. I will be the petitioner which I will be sending our tax return since we file together and will be enough income for both of my parents, since I am using my husbands income like i say we file taxes together, so is ok just me file as a petitioner? 

2. Birth certificates and documents that I have in Spanish has to be translate? And notarized? 

I really appreciate you I just lost and needs to guide where to start and what documents I need! 

Thank you 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
25 minutes ago, princess85 said:

Hi I just saw your post I don’t have the answer for your questions all I need is advice if I could please! So I marry a USA citizen I can with k1 visa and finally I came a USA citizen one month ago and will like to bring my mom and dad as a permanent resident; my questions are 

1. I will be the petitioner which I will be sending our tax return since we file together and will be enough income for both of my parents, since I am using my husbands income like i say we file taxes together, so is ok just me file as a petitioner? 

2. Birth certificates and documents that I have in Spanish has to be translate? And notarized? 

I really appreciate you I just lost and needs to guide where to start and what documents I need! 

Thank you 

. ..

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 hours ago, cherishzm said:

Thanks for the post. 

Do I still need to submit two sets of AOS forms for each one?

I think so.

Is it normal for each parent in law to be listed as 'principal' immigrant? 

Correct each one is main immigrant, nobody is derivative to the other.

Just wanted to make sure there's no surprise. 

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
6 hours ago, payxibka said:

. ..

6 hours ago, payxibka said:

. ..

Hi! I can bring my mom and dad since I am now a USA citizen I had my naturalization one month ago and actually in the docs they gave me on my ceremony says I can bring family as a permanent resident that’s why I ask, thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.