SarahxRuby

Cali Processing times/Visiting/ Spanish Embassy...Help!

35 posts in this topic

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SarahxRuby said:

I was totally thinking the same thing. If I can catch an issue before it becomes one, it saves me heart attacks and probably money, hahaha. You have some incredible patience and love for your girl, I'm learning this for my man! We have only been apart 7 weeks and I'm not doing so well. As to why I am here trying to figure this timeline all out... We should keep in touch and depending where you are in the US maybe we can all 4 grab a drink when the nightmare is over! 🤣

That sounds good! I live in Tennessee (Knoxville), and yes, there's a lot of both for her. She's like my equal in every way,  just she was born and raised in Spain. We are a little of a different couple (She learned English for me, and I'm not worthy of that, but I'm trying to learn Castillian Spanish for her, and I need her with me to help me with that. I speak German fluently, but I find Spanish pretty hard to learn, and I struggle with it) . It's been a bit longer than that for me and her (Close to a year :( ), but like I said, the issue we've had to endure is close to over, and then there will be happiness to be had. Immigration is hard, but once it's done, it will be good indeed. Life over the past few years has been heartbreaking and hard, and I'm just trying to rebuild and go forward. I need her to do that.

Also keep in mind that on a k1 it can take several months (I think it was 3 for us but has extended for us) for work authorization to come through once moving to the US. 

Then for a teaching job you'd have to be sure that your fiancee's credentials (license) and such come through -did he study in the US? I am a Spanish teacher and have seen a few cases where the certification process took a lot longer than expected or the out-of-country license wasn't accepted and the person had to take the praxis and student teaching classes etc all over again. A few military wives I know had a US teaching degree but it didn't transfer state-to-state and they were paid a s a sub for a year after the move :dead: In my state the fingerprints alone take 8 weeks, let alone the rest of it. Sometimes you can sub if you can't teach yet for licensure.

I hope this helps! Be sure to research the laws in your state, and be ready to explain the niceties of working on an EAD instead of a green card too!

Another thing to consider is that with a pending K-1, he may get some scrutiny by CBP about the plan to stay for three months on the ESTA, especially as a teacher.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
18 hours ago, TenderHearted said:

That sounds good! I live in Tennessee (Knoxville), and yes, there's a lot of both for her. She's like my equal in every way,  just she was born and raised in Spain. We are a little of a different couple (She learned English for me, and I'm not worthy of that, but I'm trying to learn Castillian Spanish for her, and I need her with me to help me with that. I speak German fluently, but I find Spanish pretty hard to learn, and I struggle with it) . It's been a bit longer than that for me and her (Close to a year :( ), but like I said, the issue we've had to endure is close to over, and then there will be happiness to be had. Immigration is hard, but once it's done, it will be good indeed. Life over the past few years has been heartbreaking and hard, and I'm just trying to rebuild and go forward. I need her to do that.

In all of the heartbreak, time and anxiety I know that couples like us are going to be stronger for it in the end! And hey! We aren't that far! I'm around Charlotte, NC. I grew up speaking a broken Spanish but being with him and in Spain corrected it really quickly, hes studying English pretty hardcore at the moment, and good thing he already has a steady level. I will be following your page and I hope so see things clear soon. - To share the ¨answer¨ to my original question here we are decided for him to come during the holidays, even though there is a good chance we are approved by the end of Nov. the turn around time to the actual medical and interview seems to average about 4 months. Also turns our we have a friend who is a travel agent who is helping up find a good deal for a flexible fair in case he does need to change the date of his ticket. I hope this information may help anyone out there! ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
16 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Another thing to consider is that with a pending K-1, he may get some scrutiny by CBP about the plan to stay for three months on the ESTA, especially as a teacher.

Well this school year he is not teaching and he is studying English. Do you think it would help if we register him for an English course while he is visiting? Not so much at a college where he would need a student visa, maybe a private tutor? His current job is also seasonal, and will have documentation on events he needs to attend upon his return. So I'm hoping with that information on hand in case they begin to ask questions will clear them up. I was also thinking of writing a letter on my behalf explaining that we are fully aware of the process and have no intentions on breaking any rules. Thoughts?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.