3 posts in this topic

While reading through the threads I have noticed a thing or two. 

1. K1 visas more frequently result in 221(g) being issued, over CR1/IR1.

2. Some countries have interviews for CR1/IR1 with both spouses. I completed my husband's process in record time, without an attorney, and in his interview letter, it states only the person on the letter is to attend the appointment. I wanted to attend the interview, but based on the IL I complied and stayed in the US. 

Anyone else, noticing trends of K1 visas in extended Administrative processing more so over the the CR1/IR1 visa? 

This is probably the analyst in me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have not seen such a trend, and there simply would not be the data certainly on VJ to come to any conclusion one way or the other.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

With all the stats we have from  immigration and info here from VJ members,  we still have no idea of how many in extended AP 

Example,  if someone is in AP (not a vj member)   how do we know if it is from 2018 or 2019

and not all applicants are on VJ

this site shows applications by class for the fiscal year 2019 1st quarter

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports and Studies/Immigration Forms Data/All Form Types/Quarterly_All_Forms_FY

it shows how many applications recd and how many issued and how many are pending but we have no way to know which of these are on hold left over from 2018 and how many were interviewed in 2019 1st quarter and pending

this site shows approvals by post and class for each month 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html

but there is no way we can know how many interviews are still in AP  from any site i have tried 

and USCIS has a lot of stats and charts available for every type of visa and post

usually a long AP is for additional documentation vertification or security checks and those in high fraud countries may have already gone thru a K1 and were denied and now do CR1 and fix the K1 issues so it only seems they don't go into long AP (been  there /done that)

But i keep checking USCIS sites and if i ever find out that info,  i will share

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.