Jump to content

Address Change Reported by Phone but Still Getting Mail at Old Address

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I received military orders to move across the country during my wife's adjustment of status. We called to report the new address as well as to report that the application for the EAD and the advance parole were past their processing times. my wife received an email a couple of days later confirming that her address had been changed. We also receive notice via the status website that the advance parole and EAD were both approved. The notice of action for the approval of those documents we're both sent to the old address. Luckily we have mail forwarding in the USPS forwarded the notice of action to our new address. About one week later oh, my wife received the tracking number for her EAD card in the mail. The EAD card was sent to the old address, and rather than forward it to the new address, USPS return the EAD card to USCIS in Missouri to the national benefits center.


where should we go from here? Should we submit a change of address form online and in certified mail? And then should we call to request that the EAD card be sent to the correct address? I appreciate it

K-1 Fiancé Visa

01/17/2018: I-129F Sent

01/19/2018: NOA1 Received

08/03/2018: NOA2 Received

11/01/2018: K-1 Visa Interview

12/12/2018: Married in U.S.

Adjustment of Status

02/01/2019: I-485, EAD and AP Filed

02/15/2019: I-485, EAD and AP NOA1


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nakuke said:

my wife received the tracking number for her EAD card in the mail

You should have tried to intercept it at the Post Office and pick up in person if you could. That's what I would do. Of course if you moved out of state it would be difficult. 


7 minutes ago, nakuke said:

where should we go from here?

I guess call USCIS to see if they can resend. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Change of address can take 30 days.

USPS cannot forward mail sent from government. It will always be returned to sender.

Do an online enquiry for "did not receive card".


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...