Casey_

Petition not received by NVC...9 weeks and counting

10 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello VisaJourney Forums,

After waiting 23 months, my application was approved by USCIS in late June. It has now been 9 weeks and the NVC has yet to receive my application. Last week, I contacted my attorney and told him to speak to a tier 2 supervisor at USCIS. He got through and the supervisor put in a request to have a duplicate approval sent to the NVC. We also received a letter confirming this action last week. I called the NVC yesterday, the agent was very kind, but unfortunately they have not received anything yet. Today I got an email from my lawyer's office, they had sent an inquiry to the NVC in early August about 5 and half weeks after we received our USCIS approval. The NVC got back to us and said that processing times can take at least 6 weeks. It seems they don't take into consideration the time between the receipt of the inquiry and their response, because we are now in week 9. After waiting 60 days, my lawyer told me it can take another 60 days for the NVC to review my case. I've also submitted my approval notice to NVCresearch last week.

At this point in time I'm not sure what else I can do.

Any advice would be appreciated. If it weren't for these forums I would never have known to have my lawyer speak to a tier 2 supervisor.

Thank you

10 minutes ago, Casey_ said:

It seems they don't take into consideration the time between the receipt of the inquiry and their response, because we are now in week 9

Well, the 6 weeks or whatever is from the time they receive the petition until they can get around to enter it into the NVC's system. It's 6 weeks plus/minus a few...

11 minutes ago, Casey_ said:

At this point in time I'm not sure what else I can do.

Well, just keep pounding on the NVC is about all you can do. So the petition is at the NVC now, they just haven't gotten around to it yet, right?

Timeline
1 minute ago, USS_Voyager said:

Well, just keep pounding on the NVC is about all you can do. So the petition is at the NVC now, they just haven't gotten around to it yet, right?

I don't know if it's at the NVC, when I called yesterday they said they didn't get it. The only thing I know is that the tier 2 agent confirmed re-sending the approval to the NVC.

Is it possible that USCIS never sent the approval the first time? Could the original approval letter still be in the NVC mail room?

2 minutes ago, Casey_ said:

Is it possible that USCIS never sent the approval the first time?

Anything is possible with USCIS. It could be in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean for all we know. 

3 minutes ago, Casey_ said:

Could the original approval letter still be in the NVC mail room?

And it certainly could be there as well. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Im not sure what kind of petition yours is. Mine was EB3. Here was my timeline:

May 10: Approved at USCIS

July 3: USCIS status changes to "Case Sent to NVC..."

July 10: I call NVC and got my case number

Timeline
2 minutes ago, designguy said:

Im not sure what kind of petition yours is. Mine was EB3. Here was my timeline:

May 10: Approved at USCIS

July 3: USCIS status changes to "Case Sent to NVC..."

July 10: I call NVC and got my case number

My petition is an F2A.

A bit more info I forgot to mention. On the USCIS site my Case Status has not been updated to approved, it still shows 'USCIS Request for Evidence was Received'. When I log in to check the case history, it never mentions the approval. It does however mention that we spoke to an officer and it includes the referral number.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Casey_ said:

My petition is an F2A.

A bit more info I forgot to mention. On the USCIS site my Case Status has not been updated to approved, it still shows 'USCIS Request for Evidence was Received'. When I log in to check the case history, it never mentions the approval. It does however mention that we spoke to an officer and it includes the referral number.

It took almost 8 weeks for mine to update to "sent to nvc". From my best guess is if the status doesn't say "Sent to nvc" it hasn't left USCIS yet...

Timeline
13 minutes ago, designguy said:

It took almost 8 weeks for mine to update to "sent to nvc". From my best guess is if the status doesn't say "Sent to nvc" it hasn't left USCIS yet...

The mailed letter we got from the tier 2 agent said that they forwarded our case to the NVC. Should I have my attorney call USCIS back and speak to a tier 2 manager again and see why it hasn't been updated in the system?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Casey_ said:

The mailed letter we got from the tier 2 agent said that they forwarded our case to the NVC. Should I have my attorney call USCIS back and speak to a tier 2 manager again and see why it hasn't been updated in the system?

Might want to. I received the NOA2 approval on may 18th and that said they forwarded the petition. In reality it wasnt done until July 8

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

UPDATE:

I contacted the NVC on Tuesday and they said they received the approval notice on August 30th. The time from USCIS' approval to when the NVC got the notice was 65 days. USCIS approved the application, it was sent to their mailing department several days later and they never sent it. Had we not reached a Tier 2 supervisor, it would likely still be in the mail room. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.