HP+IC

Child turns 14 right after NOA1 (I-485)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have filed an I-485 on behalf of my then 13 yo K2 son, signed it myself etc. The check was for USD 750 and his NOA1 text says nothing about biometrics (very different from my own). A week after NOA1 he has eventually turned 14. What's going to happen now? Will USCIS amend/replace his NOA1, schedule a biometric appointment for him along with me, charge him for biometrics separately? If I receive my biometrics letter and he does not, shall I call them? Your input is very welcome.

14 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

Will USCIS amend/replace his NOA1, schedule a biometric appointment for him along with me, charge him for biometrics separately?

The fee will not change since he was under 14 on the NOA1 date. Whether or not they schedule a biometrics appointment for him is at their discretion.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/preparing-your-biometric-services-appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

No they won’t charge you a fee as he was under 14 when you filed. 

But even under 14 he should still have bio appointment. It’s just a little different then yours. Try and call and see if he wasn’t scheduled the same time as you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

USCIS duly noted my son's circumstances and scheduled him biometrics appointment with fingerprints

Should be right no matter what. Mine did bio (just a bit different) when he was only 10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.