854Turbo

Does change of address require new affidavit of financial support?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

AOS applicant, EAD approved, I-485 status is "We are ready to schedule your interview as of..."

We recently moved to a different state, changing jurisdictions. We already filed AR11 online for all pending applications, and we are about to mail i-865. The instructions for both i-864 and i-865 say nothing about needing new evidence of financial support if you relocate. I'm wondering what are people's experiences with this? Has anyone been asked to provide new evidence of financial support after they moved?

Secondly, after filing AR11 online, I'm waiting for the verification letters to come in the mail, but I heard it's also wise to call USCIS and double-check to make sure the whole file is being moved from the old state to our new state. Anyone experience issues with that?

Hi!

I'm in the same shoes. We moved cross country last year and my interview was scheduled for September. My wife, who is my sponsor, changed jobs. I think for the peace of mind we will be bringing an updated employment letter and i-864. I'm following this thread in case anyone has had a similar experience and can chime in?

Good luck at the interview!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/15/2019 at 9:33 AM, azblk said:

You do not need a new i-864 unless asked.

Is it wise to bring another exact same i-864 + proofs again to the interview? we have a cosponsor and never got any rfes, or should we just assume what they have as far as the affidavit of support is sufficient? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
19 hours ago, lonesurvivor said:

Is it wise to bring another exact same i-864 + proofs again to the interview? we have a cosponsor and never got any rfes, or should we just assume what they have as far as the affidavit of support is sufficient? 

It wont hurt you one way or another but its a waste of time. If they wanted another i-864 they would send an RFE. If they did not send one then do not bother.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.