Ninna

NO Update After Interview

39 posts in this topic

Hi guys. So my hubby had his n400 interview on July 23rd. He was recommended for approval and told it will take from 30-60 days to schedule for the oath ceremony. Today is 3 weeks after his interview and there is no online update. It still says “interview scheduled”” it has not been updated. I check his status on just the regular case status where u enter receipt number because somehow I got locked out of our account so I can’t see his case completion and the previous documents sent and etc... I have read about plenty of people who have similar case update problems. Should we just wait it out  hopefully just like the io said 30-60 days?? I just want this all the be over and close this chapter of our lives!!!!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

all i can find about the Eastern Court of Louisana is this

Last oath ceremony in 2 sessions on June 6th  with this statement:

Naturalization ceremonies in the Eastern District of Louisiana are held in the courthouse in New Orleans. Ceremonies are set when USCIS has enough applicants to hold a ceremony.

Check this site as they could update the schedule anytime

http://www.laed.uscourts.gov/court-information/naturalization

Hey Ninna, I'm in the same situation as your husband.

Had the N400 (I751 combo) interview in 8/5.

Got verbal approval for both applications from officer, who also gave me a paper (Form N652) with checked boxes stating that I had passed the English and Civics test, and that my application was being recommended for approval.

Since then, complete silence. No updates nor texts nor emails. USCIS website still shows "interview has been scheduled."

Interview happened at the Kendall immigration center, in South Florida.

Has anything changed with your partner's situation?

Please share it here whenever that happens?

Thanks!

Edited by toxxx

2 hours ago, toxxx said:

Update: got today an email (and had a change in my profile at the USCIS webpage) stating that I'm in line for the oath ceremony. Will receive a letter with date and location soon. 

Congrats I’m sure your relieved. So your status went from interview scheduled to “in line? My husband still hasn’t gotten an update. He was told 30-60 days. It’s almost a month. I did a chat with a representative and they said everything is good just keep waiting and that it’s in final process after interview whatever that means. 

I had my interview today , he wasn’t very friendly and said he  needs to go through all my papers (I have pending I 751)and it takes longer then usual.I thought they have to review it before they have interview...I feel like he  personally didn’t like me for whatever reasons and wanna give me hard time.Now I am afraid that my application will stuck .

14 hours ago, Ninna said:

Congrats I’m sure your relieved. So your status went from interview scheduled to “in line? My husband still hasn’t gotten an update. He was told 30-60 days. It’s almost a month. I did a chat with a representative and they said everything is good just keep waiting and that it’s in final process after interview whatever that means. 

It all happened yesterday. Got an email saying my application was under quality review (something along those lines), then at the same minute, another email saying that I was in line for the oath ceremony.

This morning I got a 3rd message stating that my 10 year GC was being produced.

And finally just got a call from USCIS asking if I could attend the oath ceremony this Saturday (according to them, no need to mail a notice since I am available for that day and the notice would not make it to me in time).

I am doing the oath in 2 days!

Hoping that your partner gets similar news soon!

On 8/21/2019 at 8:14 PM, toxxx said:

Update: got today an email (and had a change in my profile at the USCIS webpage) stating that I'm in line for the oath ceremony. Will receive a letter with date and location soon. 

Hello Nina,

was the estimate wait time after biometrics to get the interview scheduled accurate accurate? and the estimate completion time!

37 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Hello Nina,

was the estimate wait time after biometrics to get the interview scheduled accurate accurate? and the estimate completion time!

Hello! The estimated wait time is just an estimate. My husbands estimated wait time after biometrics was May 2020 but a few months later he was scheduled for his interview in June 2019. So your interview could be very well before your estimated completion time. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2019 at 12:46 PM, husseina said:

I had my Citizenship interview last week, Tuesday, September 10th, 2019 I passed the test, and the officer has recommended my application for approval. My online account has been not updated and still shows the same “We scheduled your interview.”

Please advise.

Hi! My husbands case status stayed on “we scheduled your interview also. One month after his interview we received a “notice of continuance” they wanted him to sign and date a copy of the oath of allegiance. I guess his signature was not readable or somthing. So once he signed and dated it I express mailed it back to them and exactly one week later  his case status updated to his oath ceremony. During the interview the immigration officer told him it can take from 30-60 days to schedule the oath so Sometimes it goes to a supervisor for review before they schedule it. Hang in there it shouldn’t be long! If u were recommended for approval during the interview then it is just a matter of time. 

Edited by Ninna

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I had my citizenship interview on Sep. 4th, 2019. The officer was nice, gave me the approval paper with the checked box for passing, the online profile showed that I got approved and awaiting a ceremony. I am on my fourth week waiting for the notice of ceremony, but no updates so far. This was in Hartford, CT office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

A quick update, today my online profile showed that the Oath ceremony was scheduled but I did not receive the notice yet, it should be in a couple of days as it says. I will let you know once I know the exact date. Good luck everyone!

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.