Dzeni

Timeline for Adjustment of status

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I came in Chicago, and we have send our paperwork. Question is, what is the timeline for adjustment of status and work permits to come, so I can start to work and travel out of USA?

Next question is Can I travel in USA with my passport or I need some paperwork to fill in USCIS so I can travel into the States?

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

for timelines:

You can get official estimates of processing times from the USCIS web site here https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ (use National Benefits Center as the processing center for the I-765 and I-131; for the I-485, find your local field office here https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices and use that; search by your zip code for the most accurate results).

You can see what VJ users have reported 

... for AOShttps://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php?cfl=

... for EADhttps://www.visajourney.com/timeline/eadstats.php?cfl=

... for AP: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/apstats.php?cfl=

for travel within the US

You don't need any additional documentation. It's recommended you keep a copy of your marriage certificate and NOA1 from your I-485 (AOS) with you when traveling before you get your green card.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

14 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

12-16 months to adjust status.

5-7 months to get your EAD/AP card

ur passport is all u need to travel within the US

Agreed with this. It took my wife about 7 months to get her Employment Authorization/Advance Parole combination card but only 10 months to get her Green Card (thank God our case was approved so quickly, we got lucky).

Edited by barashka

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
19 hours ago, Dzeni said:

Hey guys, I came in Chicago, and we have send our paperwork. Question is, what is the timeline for adjustment of status and work permits to come, so I can start to work and travel out of USA?

Next question is Can I travel in USA with my passport or I need some paperwork to fill in USCIS so I can travel into the States?

Thank you

You can also travel with a US Driver's license or state ID, if you can get one but passport should be enough as well.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.