Prads

Help with Indian renunciation form

64 posts in this topic

@B & H I found this detail in another website, basically 3rd bullet point applies to you..

image.thumb.png.fc3f1d171b55f8225e1cf0a1fee1146a.png

In yet another website found what this endorsement is:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Endorsement of Name Change During Naturalization Process

Form G-24, Certification of Documents

We have recently seen a few cases wherein a female U.S. Citizen of Indian origin has applied to the Indian Consulate in the U.S. for an Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) card. If the female U.S. Citizen changed her maiden name to her married name during the naturalization process, as part of the OCI application process, the Indian Consulate will request endorsement of name change done during the naturalization process.

In such a situation, the female U.S. Citizen should make an Info Pass appointment with the local USCIS Field Office and request certified copy of name change made during naturalization. During the Info Pass appointment, the female U.S. Citizen should let the Immigration Officer know that she requires the certified copy of name change made during naturalization. The Immigration Officer will issue the female U.S. Citizen original Form G-24, Certification of Documents, which will list her maiden name, married name, Alien Number and Naturalization Certificate Number. The Indian Consulate should accept the Form G-24, Certification of Documents as evidence of endorsement of name change done during the naturalization process. 

Edited by Prads

12 hours ago, Prads said:

@B & H Good..I was wondering if the info I provided helped or not. Hope it works out for you :) All the best.

I contacted the district court where the USCIS office located and Naturalization Ceremony happened. Clerk was very helpful and they contacted the USCIS office and got the certificate. It is called Form N-662 (petition for name change document). Received the certificate today. Lucky to get it very quickly and I am very grateful to the prompt response of the district court clerk.

Thank you all for your help too.

Edited by B & H

Filed: Timeline
On 8/22/2020 at 1:01 PM, Prads said:

@acha yay..congrats! Yes, I've got my oci.  I went to a fedex/ one of those centres who handle multiple shipping options, they've notarize facility for $10 a signature/page. I think it was only one page, Affidavit in Lieu of Originals. Easy.

@prads I wasnt able to find the Affidavit in lieu of Originals form on their site. What does it look like or say? Or did you type up your own? Please Advise. 

Also, they have a few updates since last year so they may have removed this one not sure.

Thanks
M

1 hour ago, Prads said:

@acha I remember once I reach the last page or basically once submitted if you go to the page where you see all forms or documents required section that form was there to download and get it signed. Let me see if I can find a screenshot or something 

That would be great! Thanks! I looked everywhere, did a search too also looked on the indian site, its no where to be found.

20 minutes ago, Prads said:

@acha This was the document that comes up, once you fill in the details and submit. It automatically checks the documents necessary for your conditions.

image.thumb.png.15ff4b0917bd7df154a1e4aef8cebe06.png

@acha Did you submit? What are the dcouments you see on the final page?

@Prads Thanks for finding this! Very helpful!  This is not available on their site, they only have a checklist to be printed out, they dont have this as a check off list nor do they have the content with signature box below it. I'll just send them an email to find out and pray someone replies lol. Thanks again! 

Edited by acha

@acha  This is my confirmation page. The link given there simply redirects to the gov. website.

On CKGS how to apply form, https://www.in.ckgs.us/oci/how-to-apply, they have mentioned about this form. But the link doesn't take you to forms list.

Try calling CKGS number as well, I had luck getting in touch with the guys on phone in Nov-Dec, not sure in current situations. They would explain any questions I used to have.

I googled and see its a standard document available online.

https://www.signnow.com/fill-and-sign-pdf-form/32223-affidavit-in-lieu-of-originals#:~:text=AFFIDAVIT IN LIEU OF ORIGINALS I solemnly swear that the,required by the Mission%2FConsulate

You can confirm from them as well. 

image.png.cd1c2502008951d75e069f447487b7d1.png

1 hour ago, Prads said:

@acha  This is my confirmation page. The link given there simply redirects to the gov. website.

On CKGS how to apply form, https://www.in.ckgs.us/oci/how-to-apply, they have mentioned about this form. But the link doesn't take you to forms list.

Try calling CKGS number as well, I had luck getting in touch with the guys on phone in Nov-Dec, not sure in current situations. They would explain any questions I used to have.

I googled and see its a standard document available online.

https://www.signnow.com/fill-and-sign-pdf-form/32223-affidavit-in-lieu-of-originals#:~:text=AFFIDAVIT IN LIEU OF ORIGINALS I solemnly swear that the,required by the Mission%2FConsulate

You can confirm from them as well. 

image.png.cd1c2502008951d75e069f447487b7d1.png

I havent had any luck trying to reach them via phone. I did get to this page above but no link to form. I appreciate your guidance on this! I've written to them, else I'll use the reference youve provided and create one myself. Thank you very much!! :)  I'll let you know how things go!

• 2 years later...
On 8/5/2019 at 11:15 PM, Prads said:

Hi

I live in San Francisco area so will have to first renunciate Indian passport then apply for OCI.

I am trying to submit my renunciation form online.
I have a middle name.

On the 1st page, it gives option to submit below fields for which I filled in as follows
Last Name
First Name (Given Names) : I fill in first and middle name.
At end of 1st page, it generates a reference#.

When I go to next page, it shows Middle Name in addition to the above names.
I've to either fill in Middle name again or NA.

If I submit the above form, it will pre-populate the form, but I don't want to fill in wrongly as I do have middle name, but I've entered it in Given names.

Please advise what needs to be done in this case.

Thank you

@Prads I am in a similar situation. What did you end up doing? To generate the renunciation certificate, if I enter my First name alone in the first name field, the certificate generated excludes my middle name. Can you guide what worked for you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.