Prads

Help with Indian renunciation form

64 posts in this topic

Hi

I live in San Francisco area so will have to first renunciate Indian passport then apply for OCI.

I am trying to submit my renunciation form online.
I have a middle name.

On the 1st page, it gives option to submit below fields for which I filled in as follows
Last Name
First Name (Given Names) : I fill in first and middle name.
At end of 1st page, it generates a reference#.

When I go to next page, it shows Middle Name in addition to the above names.
I've to either fill in Middle name again or NA.

If I submit the above form, it will pre-populate the form, but I don't want to fill in wrongly as I do have middle name, but I've entered it in Given names.

Please advise what needs to be done in this case.

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, Prads said:

Hi

I live in San Francisco area so will have to first renunciate Indian passport then apply for OCI.

I am trying to submit my renunciation form online.
I have a middle name.

On the 1st page, it gives option to submit below fields for which I filled in as follows
Last Name
First Name (Given Names) : I fill in first and middle name.
At end of 1st page, it generates a reference#.

When I go to next page, it shows Middle Name in addition to the above names.
I've to either fill in Middle name again or NA.

If I submit the above form, it will pre-populate the form, but I don't want to fill in wrongly as I do have middle name, but I've entered it in Given names.

Please advise what needs to be done in this case.

Thank you

I think the first page is actually to print the "Additional Particulars Form"

The next page is the certificate.

PS: You can fill in everything and edit it till you have to ship it out.

image.thumb.png.8484ba07aa349630023c190efa68874f.png

I've just pasted the above image to give you an idea.

The 1st part where I filled in given names is not editable. The values themselves on the 2nd form are readonly.

1st form:image.png.fabe503c3bbe0ca8af439d3ddd1a7f49.png

2nd form has these fields but readonly and middle name below it, forcing to fill it either NA or some value.

Btw, I  had emailed ckgs yesterday, I hope they understood my query. They have replied back saying they are going to move add my middle name to middle name field! Obviously they didnt get my query.

Am wondering if I should just start a new application.

Timeline

Ohhh that makes sense, then don't add it there if it does asks later on for the middle name.

Oh the CKGS guys are retarded including the Embassy folk...

Also you can edit the application after u pay. 

image.png.04b3256e1be0a23fc2d9832f05e400c6.png

There will be an edit button next to print.

This one is mine and the edit went away after i shipped it

Haha..yeah since they said they will put my middle name in that field.

I simply started another application and it actually recognised my passport# and asked me if they could cancel the earlier one, the app is atleast that smart.

Now I simply added first name in the first name field.etc.

Have to finish the application but have submitted the 2nd part where it shows me the renunciation certificate and surrender cert, it looks filled in correctly.

I just entered everything in CAPS, so the form looks mix of caps but small letters(auto filled by them)!

I think thats ok.

Will complete the last and ship it to them.

I guess when i select shipping, they charge for both to and fro shipping right?

Thanks for all your inputs so far! 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Prads said:

I guess when i select shipping, they charge for both to and fro shipping right?

Yes.

I got so annoyed by them I purposely put my Amex card so that they have to pay maximum fees.

lol. I have another doubt now. If you see in the checklist the 1st point says: I thought it was the renunciation certificate page(1 page) with my one signature and which has the surrender certificate  at the bottom on same page.

then in my account as in yours too, I see the Renunciation form. That is of 2 pages. This one has 3 places to sign 1 main and 2 specimen signatures.

So which of these 2 forms have to be sent? 

image.png.3876a989c74f976a90c4ba6d39d2d152.png

One more question sorry..in additional form I noticed for myself and spouse its asked, did you have any other nationality. I select indian, next is passport# and below that years From and To

Is this from and to for my birth year from and to 2019 as it is for nationality or is it period of passport validity? Its confusing. for myself I think above this, it showed the default from year as from my birth year so I assumed its about  my nationality. Is that right?

image.png.9498bf9a613e5abf35f2b0b954088e77.png

Timeline

buddy you gotta quote me or @ tag me so I get notified.

On 8/7/2019 at 6:34 PM, Prads said:

lol. I have another doubt now. If you see in the checklist the 1st point says: I thought it was the renunciation certificate page(1 page) with my one signature and which has the surrender certificate  at the bottom on same page.

then in my account as in yours too, I see the Renunciation form. That is of 2 pages. This one has 3 places to sign 1 main and 2 specimen signatures.

So which of these 2 forms have to be sent? 

image.png.3876a989c74f976a90c4ba6d39d2d152.png

This is the certificate: screenshot_160.thumb.jpg.c6717c00852d3148bb9c413ecda79a23.jpg

you need to send 2 copies of this.

There is an additional particulars form that you also need to attach.

Timeline

And this is the additional particulars form you need to attach.

Additional Particulars_Redacted1.pdf

And these are the documents I sent.

Format is
Document no. - No of Copies - Document Name.extension

screenshot_161.jpg.1f8f8ccd991a66475f08ad4ec13d1872.jpg

Edited by saladboye

Timeline
On 8/7/2019 at 7:16 PM, Prads said:

One more question sorry..in additional form I noticed for myself and spouse its asked, did you have any other nationality. I select indian, next is passport# and below that years From and To

Is this from and to for my birth year from and to 2019 as it is for nationality or is it period of passport validity? Its confusing. for myself I think above this, it showed the default from year as from my birth year so I assumed its about  my nationality. Is that right?

image.png.9498bf9a613e5abf35f2b0b954088e77.png

So yes I selected Yes and added my time in india.

This will be no for your kids born in US.

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello @Prads @saladboye

Need your help with filing my Renunciation application.

1. Did you submit your "Renunciation Form" in addition to "Renunciation Certificate"? 
  2. In addition to the FedEx Shipping label, I also got a Renunciation Bar Code. And instructions say "Please completely paste outside on envelope. Only one Application can be used for one barcode." So I am guessing this Bar Code needs to be pasted outside on the FedEx envelope. Is that right?
  3. Checklist - Do I need to sign the checklist? I don't see any check-boxes to mark each item as enclosed and there is no place to sign on the checklist either.

Thanks for your help.

TRavs. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.