GraceJ21

Do I need to authenticate Civil Documents for NVC stage?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

We are currently waiting for our case number in the NVC, and we have started to gather the paperwork that needs to be uploaded to CEAC. 

Do the police records and birth certificate of the beneficiary need to be authenticated and have an apostille stamp? Or can I just upload the documents alone without the extra stuff? So confused, I browsed around to see if I could find an answer, but couldn't find much.  I'm the beneficiary, and from Honduras, if that makes any difference. Thank you! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, GraceJ21 said:

We are currently waiting for our case number in the NVC, and we have started to gather the paperwork that needs to be uploaded to CEAC. 

Do the police records and birth certificate of the beneficiary need to be authenticated and have an apostille stamp? Or can I just upload the documents alone without the extra stuff? So confused, I browsed around to see if I could find an answer, but couldn't find much.  I'm the beneficiary, and from Honduras, if that makes any difference. Thank you! 

No additional authentication such as apostille is required 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is a link with details:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading%20to%20CEAC-instrucions.pdf

Immigrant visa:  1-603-334-0700 Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time) . For the shortest wait time, begin calling for the NVC Agent at 7:05 am EST M-F.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

No apostille is necessary.  The tricky part in Honduras is the format.  You can send the regular one with the petition no problem, but later for NVC and the interview you need the Folleto de Nacimientos.  

Many people confuse the police clearances.  People can get one in a city other than Tegucigalpa for work or school purposes, but these don’t work for the Embassy.  It must come from DPI in Tegucigalpa.  

Timeline
12 hours ago, bakphx1 said:

No apostille is necessary.  The tricky part in Honduras is the format.  You can send the regular one with the petition no problem, but later for NVC and the interview you need the Folleto de Nacimientos.  

Many people confuse the police clearances.  People can get one in a city other than Tegucigalpa for work or school purposes, but these don’t work for the Embassy.  It must come from DPI in Tegucigalpa.  

Thank you! I was aware that the records have to come from the DPI, I'm picking up the folio today, I was just wondering if I need an auténtica for it to upload in CEAC. Also, did you translate to English? I'm unsure if this is necessary, I seem to find conflicting information. 

Timeline

For NVC stage it doesn’t have to be translated.  You’ll bring in the originals at the time of the interview and they’ll be verified then.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, bakphx1 said:

For NVC stage it doesn’t have to be translated.  You’ll bring in the originals at the time of the interview and they’ll be verified then.

Thank you so much! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.