satoru

Questions about CSPA

8 posts in this topic

Hi

So my mother-in-laws family got notice of a Visa Case Creation for their petition on jun 18 2019, but their son just turn 21 like 2 months ago.

We're trying to figure out if their son is still eligible via the CSPA? Seems like via the calculator he would be eligible but its a bit confusing. I'm getting thrown in on this so I don't have a lot of deep knowledge of the process. Should we just pay the Affidaifid of Supoprt an IV fees and proceed? Or is there some mega specific process I need to follow for this (what am I saying of course there's some mega specifci process....)

Thanks

09/03/08 - Sent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 to Chicago Lockbox

09/11/08 - Checks cashed

09/15/08 - NOA received

09/16/08 - Biometrics appointment for 09/30/08

09/30/08 - Biometrics completed - cases available online

11/20/08 - EAD and AP approved

11/25/08 - AP received

12/01/08 - EAD received

02/10/09 - AOS Interview - Green card approved :D

02/20/09 - Green Card received

Sorry it took so long it was just hard to get some basic info

his date of birth  - Feb 27 1997

petition date  - Nov 6 2006

noa1 date - Nov 18 2009 - transfer notice

noa2 date - April 20 2010 - approval notice

I'm just confused how the CSPA applies in his situation? Also looking at the documentation I dont know if I need to specify the CSPA in teh petition or does it simply take it into account as part of the website filling in the blanks thing?

09/11/08 - Checks cashed

09/15/08 - NOA received

11/25/08 - AP received

12/01/08 - EAD received

25 minutes ago, satoru said:

Sorry it took so long it was just hard to get some basic info

his date of birth  - Feb 27 1997

petition date  - Nov 6 2006

noa1 date - Nov 18 2009 - transfer notice

noa2 date - April 20 2010 - approval notice

I'm just confused how the CSPA applies in his situation? Also looking at the documentation I dont know if I need to specify the CSPA in teh petition or does it simply take it into account as part of the website filling in the blanks thing?

Please clarify the dates. Nov 6 2006 is the priority date? What is a transfer notice? Is April 10 2010 correct as the approval date? 

Is this for an F3 or F4 petition, and what country are the beneficiaries chargeable to?

Sorry my information seems a bit scatterbrained. Kinda being thrown into the volcano blind with this so I'm scrambling a bit.

Its an F4 petition (my mother in law's, brother's family)

The family is from Hong Kong/China SAR

Looking at the NOAs 

Priority date is Nov 16, 2006 according to one of the NOA's

The  NOA on Nov 8, 2009 seems to be a transfer of the case to the Texas service center. 

The NOA on April 20 2010, says "Notice type : Approval notice. Section : sister or brother of US citizen 203 (a)(4) INA" .  Indicates the petition was sent to the NVC

That's all the notices I got from my mother in law. 

The most concern is for their son who's 'just' over 21 now but I think he should be eligible via the CSPA? 

Again thanks for helping and being super patient. 

Edited by satoru

09/11/08 - Checks cashed

09/15/08 - NOA received

11/25/08 - AP received

12/01/08 - EAD received

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
11 minutes ago, satoru said:

Sorry my information seems a bit scatterbrained. Kinda being thrown into the volcano blind with this so I'm scrambling a bit.

Its an F4 petition (my mother in law's, brother's family)

The family is from Hong Kong/China SAR

Looking at the NOAs 

Priority date is Nov 16, 2006 according to one of the NOA's

The  NOA on Nov 8, 2009 seems to be a transfer of the case to the Texas service center. 

The NOA on April 20 2010, says "Notice type : Approval notice. Section : sister or brother of US citizen 203 (a)(4) INA" .  Indicates the petition was sent to the NVC

That's all the notices I got from my mother in law. 

The most concern is for their son who's 'just' over 21 now but I think he should be eligible via the CSPA? 

Again thanks for helping and being super patient. 

CSPA allows him to immigrate with his parent.

It took USCIS about 3 1/2 years to approve the I-130, so he would not age out under CSPA until he's 24 1/2.   Their PD is about to be current soon, so his CSPA age will be locked in soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.