Mk1313

Approved verbally but on administrative processing after interview

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Mk1313 said:

My status on ceac today show refused after going through administrative process for so many months today it changed to REFUSED.No documents where requested during this administrative processing,I just checked ceac today and it changed to REFUSAL.I am yet to know when I can pick my passport because the embassy kept it after my interview in March.

Refused?

What exactly happened at your interview?

Did you have to fill out a DS5535 form in any way?

Did you have to use a co sponsor in any way?

Filed: H3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Zaczon said:

Refused?

Just a normal interview for a B1B2 Non immigrant visitor visa.I didn’t fill any DS5535 forms.Just approved after interview then to administrative processing and just today ceac website says refused.Im just waiting for a call or  text  to pick up my passport and see what they have to see.I still haven’t got any reason for refusal,I hope they add to my passport for collection.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Mk1313 said:

Just a normal interview for a B1B2 Non immigrant visitor visa.I didn’t fill any DS5535 forms.Just approved after interview then to administrative processing and just today ceac website says refused.Im just waiting for a call or  text  to pick up my passport and see what they have to see.I still haven’t got any reason for refusal,I hope they add to my passport for collection.

Very unfortunate.

But have you been to the states before and overstayed in a way or this is your first time applying for a visa.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Zaczon said:

Very unfortunate.

But have you been to the states before and overstayed in a way or this is your first time applying for a visa.

Second time applying 

Just now, Mk1313 said:

Second time applying 

Never been in the states before 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mk1313 said:

Second time applying 

Never been in the states before 

Then I cant really tell what the issue is.

Wait on the embassy and see what they say.

But dont be discouraged.I have seen cases being refused and it being issued later on.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Zaczon said:

Then I cant really tell what the issue is.

Wait on the embassy and see what they say.

But dont be discouraged.I have seen cases being refused and it being issued later on.

Ok thanks for your kind words.I will wait to see if a letter will come with my passport so as to know what they will say.

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Mk1313 said:

Ok thanks for your kind words.I will wait to see if a letter will come with my passport so as to know what they will say.

Sure keep us updated with whatever happens.

And dont be discouraged yet.If you dont hear from them within a week  contact them to find out what the problem is.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Zaczon said:

Sure keep us updated with whatever happens.

And dont be discouraged yet.If you dont hear from them within a week  contact them to find out what the problem is.

Went to Dhl today and was told my passport is not ready.I don’t know what that means since it’s refused on ceac website after administrative processing  and instruction is given to please see the letter or instructions received at the interview.I am still waiting for outcome to know the reason of my refusal.

23 hours ago, Zaczon said:

Refused?

An approval isn't official until it the visa is issued. Even if the interviewing officer verbal approves it, it is not the final say so. Also, there is no sponsorship for non-immigrant visas like visitor visas so a sponsor or cosponsor would not be accepted.

16 minutes ago, Mk1313 said:

Went to Dhl today and was told my passport is not ready.I don’t know what that means since it’s refused on ceac website after administrative processing  and instruction is given to please see the letter or instructions received at the interview.I am still waiting for outcome to know the reason of my refusal.

Keep us updated. Interesting turn of events.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mk1313 said:

Best thing to do is track the progress of your passport through ustraveldocs site.

Have you created an account yet?

Thats how you can find out if your passport is ready for pick up or not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.