Jump to content
Zoeeeeeee

September appointments are now bookable! (UK embassy)

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Just booked mine for 11:30am on Tuesday 10th September 🙃.

 

Know there were others waiting for September slots, so get booking!

One step closer 👠👡👢👞👟

Have you revised your travel schedule or is it still November?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

One step closer 👠👡👢👞👟

Have you revised your travel schedule or is it still November?

Yes and no - still planning on going in November, as the wedding is planned for the start of February (we booked/delayed everything around the cruise with available kennels date 🙁) - but planning to fly around the 13th November now if possible (cruise date was the 19th) - there’s a big running event in Las Vegas that we’d like to go to on 15-18 November, so figure it’s now an option. Won’t book flights until the visa’s in hand through! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

there’s a big running event in Las Vegas that we’d like to go to on 15-18 November, so figure it’s now an option. Won’t book flights until the visa’s in hand through! 

Are you going to do the RNR Vegas? I did that one in 2017. Love the RNR events!  I hope you're doing the half or 10K and not the full .... it's the WORST full marathon course I've ever run and I run quite a few of them each year. 

What happened to the cruise? You said "was" for the 19th. I'm nosy :D


Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍
 
N400
06/30/2019 - Filed online
06/30/2019 - NOA1
07/16/2019 - Biometrics completed (early walk in - successful) 
⏱⏱⏱ ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wbeem said:

Are you going to do the RNR Vegas? I did that one in 2017. Love the RNR events!  I hope you're doing the half or 10K and not the full .... it's the WORST full marathon course I've ever run and I run quite a few of them each year. 

What happened to the cruise? You said "was" for the 19th. I'm nosy :D

Yeah, it’s a combo of RnR and also November Project summit - so Friday and Monday will be November Project races/workouts and the weekend is RnR - but it’s the yearly meeting of all November Project tribes, so NP will account for hundreds of the RnR runners.

 

I’ll probably do the 10K (I’m definitely not a marathon runner!) - my fiancé is going to do the half - though I might even just do the 5K, as I’ll be running every day at one thing or the other 🤷🏻‍♀️. Why’s it the worst marathon?

 

We planned to travel on the QM2 to New York and then drive to LA from NY, as my dog had a heart murmur diagnosed last summer, so could no longer fly - there was nearly an 18 month wait for a free kennel. Unfortunately my dog was diagnosed with aggressive cancer 3 weeks ago and then died just a week later. 

 

As my boy was the only reason for the cruise and the drive, it’s much, much cheaper and easier for me just to fly. I lose the deposit I paid and Herschell loses the price of his flight here, but that’s not much comparatively...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Yeah, it’s a combo of RnR and also November Project summit - so Friday and Monday will be November Project races/workouts and the weekend is RnR - but it’s the yearly meeting of all November Project tribes, so NP will account for hundreds of the RnR runners.

 

I’ll probably do the 10K (I’m definitely not a marathon runner!) - my fiancé is going to do the half - though I might even just do the 5K, as I’ll be running every day at one thing or the other 🤷🏻‍♀️. Why’s it the worst marathon?

 

We planned to travel on the QM2 to New York and then drive to LA from NY, as my dog had a heart murmur diagnosed last summer, so could no longer fly - there was nearly an 18 month wait for a free kennel. Unfortunately my dog was diagnosed with aggressive cancer 3 weeks ago and then died just a week later. 

 

As my boy was the only reason for the cruise and the drive, it’s much, much cheaper and easier for me just to fly. I lose the deposit I paid and Herschell loses the price of his flight here, but that’s not much comparatively...

So sorry to hear about your dog :( That's always so painfully tough to deal with. We lost our beloved Golden very suddenly in a similar way and I grieved for that dog for several years. I still miss him.  He babysat me when I moved over here and was glued to my side while hubby was at work all day and I was stuck at home.  They really get into your heart, don't they?!  Sending you hugs. 

You're smart. You'll have a blast on the 10k and the HM courses. You have crowd support the whole time and the miles just melt by. It's a really fun race weekend. I prefer marathons to halves - I'm old so it takes me a while to get into the race lol - but this one the full splits around Mile 9 and the runners have zero support, no spectators and spend most of the race running on unpopulated poorly lit road or in big empty lots doing loops around traffic cones. It's mentally a really rough race. I've done races longer than marathon distance in the middle of summer in Florida and they felt easy by comparison to 26.2 in Vegas.  Also, I ran it in 2017 and it was merely weeks after that shooting so they moved the start line, changed the course at the last minute and the first 4.5 miles were run in a 'moment' of silence as we went past the memorial messages and flowers etc. It was not a nice start to the race at all.  

If you decide to travel for races once you're settled, let me know. This is how I explore the USA - pick a few races every year in different cities and then I go learn about the history/culture/food of that city, run a race and buy a fridge magnet and a postcard on the way home :D


Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍
 
N400
06/30/2019 - Filed online
06/30/2019 - NOA1
07/16/2019 - Biometrics completed (early walk in - successful) 
⏱⏱⏱ ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, wbeem said:

So sorry to hear about your dog :( That's always so painfully tough to deal with. We lost our beloved Golden very suddenly in a similar way and I grieved for that dog for several years. I still miss him.  He babysat me when I moved over here and was glued to my side while hubby was at work all day and I was stuck at home.  They really get into your heart, don't they?!  Sending you hugs. 

You're smart. You'll have a blast on the 10k and the HM courses. You have crowd support the whole time and the miles just melt by. It's a really fun race weekend. I prefer marathons to halves - I'm old so it takes me a while to get into the race lol - but this one the full splits around Mile 9 and the runners have zero support, no spectators and spend most of the race running on unpopulated poorly lit road or in big empty lots doing loops around traffic cones. It's mentally a really rough race. I've done races longer than marathon distance in the middle of summer in Florida and they felt easy by comparison to 26.2 in Vegas.  Also, I ran it in 2017 and it was merely weeks after that shooting so they moved the start line, changed the course at the last minute and the first 4.5 miles were run in a 'moment' of silence as we went past the memorial messages and flowers etc. It was not a nice start to the race at all.  

If you decide to travel for races once you're settled, let me know. This is how I explore the USA - pick a few races every year in different cities and then I go learn about the history/culture/food of that city, run a race and buy a fridge magnet and a postcard on the way home :D

 That sounds great (the seeing different parts of the US whilst visiting for a race - not the Vegas marathon course - that sounds horrible!). Most of the races I’ve done over there have been in LA, though did a repeat-relay through Joshua Tree, which was fab - Herschell travels for races though, so it’s definitely something we’ll do together when I move. Do you ever do the Ragnar races?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

 That sounds great (the seeing different parts of the US whilst visiting for a race - not the Vegas marathon course - that sounds horrible!). Most of the races I’ve done over there have been in LA, though did a repeat-relay through Joshua Tree, which was fab - Herschell travels for races though, so it’s definitely something we’ll do together when I move. Do you ever do the Ragnar races?

I've never done a relay!  

 

Lots of races on the West Coast so you've got plenty to choose from. It's a great way to get to know new places and to meet new people and build a social circle. When I moved here I didn't know anyone in the area. Three months later I knew the name of every dog and most of their owners :D


Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍
 
N400
06/30/2019 - Filed online
06/30/2019 - NOA1
07/16/2019 - Biometrics completed (early walk in - successful) 
⏱⏱⏱ ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 7:02 PM, wbeem said:

I've never done a relay!  

 

Lots of races on the West Coast so you've got plenty to choose from. It's a great way to get to know new places and to meet new people and build a social circle. When I moved here I didn't know anyone in the area. Three months later I knew the name of every dog and most of their owners :D

Definitely - Herschell is part of a free workout/running group here (November Project - they have tribes all over the world and in loads of cities in America - definitely worth seeing if there are any close to you) and when I joined that whilst living there in 2017, I made a lot of lasting friends through it 🙃, hence the summit trip to Vegas.

 

I’m also depending on working out being the thing to keep my boredom at bay whilst Herschell and my friends are at work...there are three 6am workouts during the week that Herschell will drive us to - I’ll then catch the train home whilst he goes to work and then bike back from the station - and then in the afternoon, I’ll use the gym/pool. And on the the other two days, I’m going to run or bike the trails, as we’re in the Santa Clarita valley and it’ll be winter, ie, running in the afternoon won’t set you on fire - and there are some beautiful trails. 

 

I mean, I say all this now, I might just end up sleeping a lot, who knows? 🤷🏻‍♀️😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...