Living

Why is mumbai consulate not scheduling interviews for cr1?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Living said:

Why is mumbai consulate taking so long to schedule the interviews?

Few possible reason from a similar thread could be:

1. The F categories are current. I guess once they get F Visa's out of the way for the year, the can focus on IR-1/CR-1. Tough I find it hard this is the reason.
  2. Academic year is about to start, maybe they have huge influx of students visa that needs priority attention. More likely

I would suggest reaching out to your congressman/senator to seek additional info. That usually gets someone to pay attention.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, saladboye said:

Few possible reason from a similar thread could be:

1. The F categories are current. I guess once they get F Visa's out of the way for the year, the can focus on IR-1/CR-1. Tough I find it hard this is the reason.
  2. Academic year is about to start, maybe they have huge influx of students visa that needs priority attention. More likely

I would suggest reaching out to your congressman/senator to seek additional info. That usually gets someone to pay attention.

When will this wait end? How long it might take?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Another factor is USEM Delhi no processing such visas and so all are cramped into Mumbai consulate. As said they may also allocate more COs on student visas this time resulting in even delayed processing for immigrant visa interviews.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
On 7/29/2019 at 3:35 PM, Living said:

PD 26 june 2018

DQ 21 may 2019

No interview date till now!! Anyone has idea about y its taking soo long for the interview letter. 

Join the club. Some of us are DQ since late April and still have not had an IL. My PD is 1 June 2018 and DQ is 29 April 2019 😞 Still waiting. There are quite a few threads about the problem with Mumbai consulate on this forum. Unfortunately, no one really knows what's going on.

I recommend you add your case to this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

Edited by wisedog
updating comment

Timeline

I am in same boat. 

My case DQ is July 23rd and by seeing all of your cases I guess its going to be long waiting game. 

I see that F2a category from Feb to June received Interview dates between 21st to 28th Aug. so they gave interim to all those cases to gather in just 1 week of august. 

Timeline
On 8/5/2019 at 3:58 PM, Bhagi said:

I am in same boat. 

My case DQ is July 23rd and by seeing all of your cases I guess its going to be long waiting game. 

I see that F2a category from Feb to June received Interview dates between 21st to 28th Aug. so they gave interim to all those cases to gather in just 1 week of august. 

Yeah also looks like a ton of K1 visa interviews along with the F2A catagory were getting the interviews for July/August. Maybe it will now go back to the CR/IR 1 category. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.