GregNYR89

Creating online account to track visa application status after filing application with travel agent

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi,

A friend of mine has filed for a US Visa in Israel with a travel agent. They are helping him with filling out paperwork and also have set up an interview.

I was wondering, is it possible / OK if he creates an online account on the US Visa website "https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-il/niv” and inputs his application ID to track his case. Will this affect anything when dealing with the travel agent? Has anyone tried this in the past?

Thank you,

Greg

If the travel agent has a problem with him tracking his own application, then there is something shady about the travel agent.

i agree an agent is unnecessary for this but if it’s already done it’s done.

Timeline

im not exactly sure on the type of visa. basically he wants to come and visit me here in the US.

He has done this with an agent already so I can’t take it back.

My questions is, would creating an online account and using the application ID from his form work on tracking the status online?

9 minutes ago, GregNYR89 said:

My questions is, would creating an online account and using the application ID from his form work on tracking the status online?

I can’t see why not, unless the agent has done something shady.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I can’t see why not, unless the agent has done something shady.

I just tried to add the application that was already submitted, however, the website is only for new applications. States that the Application ID has already been taken.

Will try to contact the embassy and talk to them about this.

Thanks guys

2 hours ago, GregNYR89 said:

I just tried to add the application that was already submitted, however, the website is only for new applications. States that the Application ID has already been taken.

Will try to contact the embassy and talk to them about this.

Thanks guys

Did you try both sites, egov and myuscis. 

With my in-laws recent filings we could see status at egov site with just the texted case number, for the my USCIS we got the same notice and had to wait for the letters and created two new accounts to view the status. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, jskibo said:

Did you try both sites, egov and myuscis. 

With my in-laws recent filings we could see status at egov site with just the texted case number, for the my USCIS we got the same notice and had to wait for the letters and created two new accounts to view the status. 

These websites are not for visas. These are only for immigration related things and work authorization cards. In other words, anything that deals with USCIS.

Visas are on a different website.

As of now, the only way I can track the status of a visa application is through this website: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/

I can’t monitor the interview dates online, nor can I change them. only through the travel agent.

Timeline

Update!!!!

After contacting the consulate office via email and asking them to add the applications to my online account there was success. After logging into my account I was able to track the applications as well as schedule the dates for the interview.

For anyone who is in this situation, anything is possible. All you have to do is ask. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.