oceanborn

Traffic violation after interview before ceremony

5 posts in this topic

Hello knowledgeable folks!

I had a rather unfortunate piece of mail on Friday. I was captured on a red-light camera not coming to a full and complete stop prior to making a right-hand turn when the light was, indeed, red. Although I would usually contest this (I basically came to a full stop) that is neither here nor there for the ceremony of much greater importance, so I simply paid the $100 and have the receipt from said transaction. Do I simply answer "yes" to the relevant question (well, obviously I do) and bring the disposition along with the receipt for payment to the ceremony? Does this generally impede the ceremony in your collective experience?

As an aside, the infraction is technically before my interview but I didn't know about it nor receive it until Friday.

Thanks all!

Be prepared for the eternal waiting game. Be prepared for average news.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

07/16/2013 - Successful interview, 2-yr Green Card approved!

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

11/03/2015 - Approved, card production ordered (164 days!)

11/10/2015 - 10-yr Green Card received (IR6) -- journey over for now!

Citizenship Journey (N-400)

Spoiler

07/15/2019 - Ceremony scheduled for 07/31/2019
07/31/2019 - Journey is finally over. Citizen of the USA.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't listen to people saying to omit it.   You were cited.   Say yes on the oath form, show the citation and receipt showing you paid the fine.    Anything other than that is misrepresentation.     This is an incredibly minor offense.  Don't put yourself at risk for misrepresentation (no statute of limitations on it) for a minor thing.   

Edited by mtempelaar

*** One post removed for TOS violation.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.