bengal17

Form I-134, Affidavit of support .

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! 

I was in the Philippines with my fiancee from November 2017 - November 2018. I was able to land a job mid December of last year and made less than $800. So far, I have made $18,700 this year. Would that be a problem in proving I can support my fiancee? My annual income is supposed to be $32-34k, depends if I do more OT. I really don't want to use a Co-sponsor.

Thanks in advance for reading!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
24 minutes ago, bengal17 said:

Hello everyone! 

I was in the Philippines with my fiancee from November 2017 - November 2018. I was able to land a job mid December of last year and made less than $800. So far, I have made $18,700 this year. Would that be a problem in proving I can support my fiancee? My annual income is supposed to be $32-34k, depends if I do more OT. I really don't want to use a Co-sponsor.

How many people does your household consist of? If it's just yourself and the beneficiary, then you should be okay, according to the guideline.

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, jeaniecz said:

How many people does your household consist of? If it's just yourself and the beneficiary, then you should be okay, according to the guideline.

Hi! just my fiancee and I. I have no responsibilities yet. thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
10 minutes ago, bengal17 said:

Hi! just my fiancee and I. I have no responsibilities yet. thanks!

You can find the minimum income requirement here https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, bengal17 said:

Hello everyone! 

As noted already the I-864P list the poverty guidelines, the embassy in Manila uses 125% .        For two people you will need gross income of $21,137

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

I would suggest you get a letter from your employer, would be nice if it stated your expected annual GROSS income.    I would also scan a number of your pay stub and send them to your fiancee as well.

Embassy is touch and go with co-sponsors regarding the K-1 visa, if they accept a co-sponsor they want it to be immediate family; parents, siblings.

(as a side note; since 2014 the embassy has been very lax in asking for financial support evidence for the K-1 visa .. just the same you need to be prepared)

Here is a link to the visa process in Manila, the K-1 info is about 1/2 way down the page.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

You may want to post your questions in the Philippines forum, you will get better answers relating to the process in the Philippines.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

As noted already the I-864P list the poverty guidelines, the embassy in Manila uses 125% .      

I would suggest you get a letter from your employer, would be nice if it stated your expected annual GROSS income.    I would also scan a number of your pay stub and send them to your fiancee as well.

Embassy is touch and go with co-sponsors regarding the K-1 visa, if they accept a co-sponsor they want it to be immediate family; parents, siblings.

Here is a link to the visa process in Manila, the K-1 info is about 1/2 way down the page.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

You may want to post your questions in the Philippines forum, you will get better answers relating to the process in the Philippines.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hi Hank! Thanks for taking the time answering my question. I asked my supervisor regarding the employment letter, however, she directed me to theworknumber.  Thanks for all the links! I will check them out.

Timeline
1 minute ago, bengal17 said:

Hi Hank! Thanks for taking the time answering my question. I asked my supervisor regarding the employment letter, however, she directed me to theworknumber.  Thanks for all the links! I will check them out.

I requested your post be moved to the Philippines forum .. 

Oh I just noticed you are at the NOA1 stage .. you have a few months yet.  ;)

Once you get your NOA2 (approval notice)  here is a link for the process at NVC

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

I requested your post be moved to the Philippines forum .. 

Oh I just noticed you are at the NOA1 stage .. you have a few months yet.  ;)

Once you get your NOA2 (approval notice)  here is a link for the process at NVC

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc.html

I just posted on the Philippines forum lol. Thank you so much! I appreciate all the help I can get. All links have been bookmarked! 

11 hours ago, bengal17 said:

The worknumber is useless insofar as the K1 process and immigration go. You'll have to get that letter of employment. I was told the same thing I looked at what the work number gives you and its a bunch of mumbo jumbo!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

The worknumber is useless insofar as the K1 process and immigration go. You'll have to get that letter of employment. I was told the same thing I looked at what the work number gives you and its a bunch of mumbo jumbo!!!!!

Hi!

Were you able to get a letter of employment from your employer? Would 7 months of paystubs be enough without the letter? 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, bengal17 said:

Hi!

Were you able to get a letter of employment from your employer? Would 7 months of paystubs be enough without the letter? 

Make copies of all your pay stubs.   Get the letter "as is" from the company, maybe write a letter yourself explaining why your most recent tax return is what it is, and that you now have full time employment

(yes you need to submit your most recent tax return)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

26 minutes ago, bengal17 said:

Hi!

Yes I was able to get one, but I had to go to the corporate headquarters. Once I found out how to request it, it was very easy. If your job is less than a year old yes you are going to need that letter. I have been at mine way over that but  with my luck in this process I did not want to take a chance. All the preparations and USEM did not even look at it, but you have to be ready just in case.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes I was able to get one, but I had to go to the corporate headquarters. Once I found out how to request it, it was very easy. If your job is less than a year old yes you are going to need that letter. I have been at mine way over that but  with my luck in this process I did not want to take a chance. All the preparations and USEM did not even look at it, but you have to be ready just in case.

May I ask which department in the corp. headquarters you went to, exactly? I actually work for a bank in the headquarters and contacted the HR admin regarding this, in which she gave me the theworknumber information. I'll try to email again to see if I can request them. When do you think I should ask for the letter? I still have a few months to prepare. I know what you mean! I just want to be prepared for the worst case scenario. Thanks!

1 hour ago, bengal17 said:

May I ask which department in the corp. headquarters you went to, exactly? I actually work for a bank in the headquarters and contacted the HR admin regarding this, in which she gave me the theworknumber information. I'll try to email again to see if I can request them. When do you think I should ask for the letter? I still have a few months to prepare. I know what you mean! I just want to be prepared for the worst case scenario. Thanks!

It was the corporate  headquarters HR department. About 30 days before your interview.

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.