Yeap

AP with 221g in Lagos

42 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Yeap said:

Recent K1 i interview with 221g in  lagos Embassy,pls share your experiences.

What is your story? You should share your experience first.

You may also want to update your timeline so we can have a better picture.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had my interview on friday july 5th the Consular gave me form 221g asked for supporting documents of my child, primary school admissions form, health card, Time past picrures and baptism certificate, i replied her that i have all those documents except baptized certificate bcos we dont do that for kids except when they grown up and attend the class and pass. She said i should get the other 3 and she asked me to get NPC certificate. I submitted on 11th, i got an email that they recieved my supporting document but my passport was not needed now untill after the review. My case updated on 5th ,11th,12th,16th,22 which on monday. Am just nervous, i gave birth to my child when i was still in higher institutions so she stayed with my mother so after i got through with my studies i brought her to my base. Her birth certifiacte is a new one i got early this year, the CO asked while i just collected it during interview and i explain and she accepeted it and made a photocopy.  

Edited by Yeap

Okay.

I had my K1 interview on June 24, 2019 and was asked to submit additional documents at the DHL office. I already gave her copies of my son's birth certificate, my late wife's death certificate and certificate of cause of death but she asked for the additional documents listed below.

The documents requested for  on the 221g form were:

1. Photos with child at different points of his life.

2. Child heath records / Original health vaccination records

3. Secondary evidence of ex-wife's death: Death notice, funeral program, photos, screenshot of social media postings

I told her i had everything except my son's health records / vaccination records and i told her the reasons i can't have them now. She said okay send the others.

I sent the following the next day June 25, 2019: 

1. Several pictures with my son (over 20) at different times of his life

2. Death notice sent to my ex-wife's employers notifying them of her passing, funeral program, photos of her grave tombstone, screenshots of facebook postings about her passing by me and her friends.

I did not get any email that they received my supporting documents. On the CEAC website my case was updated on June 26th, 27th, July 12th.

I sent an email to lagosIV last week asking for a status update. I have not heard from them yet. Like you, i am nervous as well. The wait can be so frustrating.

Hopefully, we would hear from them soon.

Edited by Rayson
added additional sentence

Timeline
20 hours ago, Yeap said:

I had my interview on friday july 5th the Consular gave me form 221g asked for supporting documents of my child, primary school admissions form, health card, Time past picrures and baptism certificate, i replied her that i have all those documents except baptized certificate bcos we dont do that for kids except when they grown up and attend the class and pass. She said i should get the other 3 and she asked me to get NPC certificate. I submitted on 11th, i got an email that they recieved my supporting document but my passport was not needed now untill after the review. My case updated on 5th ,11th,12th,16th,22 which on monday. Am just nervous, i gave birth to my child when i was still in higher institutions so she stayed with my mother so after i got through with my studies i brought her to my base. Her birth certifiacte is a new one i got early this year, the CO asked while i just collected it during interview and i explain and she accepeted it and made a photocopy.  

I am looking for dates for an interview, I have my son with me. Pls is the petitioner the father of your child. Thanks for the details I find it helpful and I wish you success

Timeline
On 7/25/2019 at 2:06 PM, Rayson said:

Okay.

I had my K1 interview on June 24, 2019 and was asked to submit additional documents at the DHL office. I already gave her copies of my son's birth certificate, my late wife's death certificate and certificate of cause of death but she asked for the additional documents listed below.

The documents requested for  on the 221g form were:

1. Photos with child at different points of his life.

2. Child heath records / Original health vaccination records

3. Secondary evidence of ex-wife's death: Death notice, funeral program, photos, screenshot of social media postings

I told her i had everything except my son's health records / vaccination records and i told her the reasons i can't have them now. She said okay send the others.

I sent the following the next day June 25, 2019: 

1. Several pictures with my son (over 20) at different times of his life

2. Death notice sent to my ex-wife's employers notifying them of her passing, funeral program, photos of her grave tombstone, screenshots of facebook postings about her passing by me and her friends.

I did not get any email that they received my supporting documents. On the CEAC website my case was updated on June 26th, 27th, July 12th.

I sent an email to lagosIV last week asking for a status update. I have not heard from them yet. Like you, i am nervous as well. The wait can be so frustrating.

Hopefully, we would hear from them soon.

Hopefully this week we shall  receive a good updates from the Embasy. AP is such a dark hole, most difficult part of visa journey.

19 hours ago, Yeap said:

My case is updated today but nothing change oo. Still in Ap and Ready.

My case was updated July 30, 2019 and today July 31, 2019.

I got an email today saying:

'We write to inform you that the review of your case has been completed and the next step is for you to drop off your International passport at the GSS Document Collection Center located at the DHL Service Center at Plot 230, Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos for visa issuance. Once you submit the highlighted, it will be forwarded to the U.S. Consulate office for processing. A copy of our drop off letter is attached for your use.'

I am so excited.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Rayson said:

My case was updated July 30, 2019 and today July 31, 2019.

I got an email today saying:

'We write to inform you that the review of your case has been completed and the next step is for you to drop off your International passport at the GSS Document Collection Center located at the DHL Service Center at Plot 230, Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos for visa issuance. Once you submit the highlighted, it will be forwarded to the U.S. Consulate office for processing. A copy of our drop off letter is attached for your use.'

I am so excited.

Congratulations 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rayson said:

Thank you. Just hang on......you will get your email soon.

Oh for me I just booked my interview, this thread is informative , I am a divorced dad and We are having our interview by October, that’s the closest date we got . One more question. I wouldn’t know if a police certificate issued in February would be acceptable ? 

5 minutes ago, Ola&Adunni said:

Oh for me I just booked my interview, this thread is informative , I am a divorced dad and We are having our interview by October, that’s the closest date we got . One more question. I wouldn’t know if a police certificate issued in February would be acceptable ? 

Oh. I thought you were the original poster.

Please read interview transcripts. I will send mine to your inbox. it will help a lot.

I think the police certificate is valid for six months or 1 year. But i will advice you get another one about a week to your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.