Yeap

AP with 221g in Lagos

42 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ola&Adunni said:

Halleluyah, your suddenly has come. How long did it took ? 

My inteview was 5th of july, case updated severally like 6times before it changed to non immigrant application recieved, then yesterday it changed to AP and today it changed to issued.  The whole process took us 30 working days before we visa got issued. Thanks

Timeline
1 hour ago, Yeap said:

My inteview was 5th of july, case updated severally like 6times before it changed to non immigrant application recieved, then yesterday it changed to AP and today it changed to issued.  The whole process took us 30 working days before we visa got issued. Thanks

Congratulations and best of luck .our interview comes up second week of Oct 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
17 hours ago, AMB said:

Im also in administrative process ☹️ 

Hopefully everyone gets his case approved 

On 7/31/2019 at 4:54 PM, Rayson said:

Oh. I thought you were the original poster.

Please read interview transcripts. I will send mine to your inbox. it will help a lot.

I think the police certificate is valid for six months or 1 year. But i will advice you get another one about a week to your interview

Hello I really need help I'm a Nigerian living in Ghana I had my interview on 27 August 2019 in Accra Ghana  the interview was good and the CO told me her self everything was good while the interview was going on I was so happy to hear her saying so the only problem at the end was she didn't understand the police report I did in nigeria. She was saying if it should have been done in CID department in Nigeria  because in Ghana here they do it that way .  so she went and ask  another CO while she told me to wait so when came came back she told me that she need to verify from Nigeria embassy in Lagos  and came me the form to return my passport and they will call me and ask me if I was given the pamphlet of my rights  in USA if I'm in danger  or been abuse by my fiancée and I don't feel safe that I can ask for help . my question is does this mean I'm approved  and have any body done their police report at CID department in Nigeria  I did it in a police station on 1 August before my interview I'm so worried. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ehiz said:

Hello I really need help I'm a Nigerian living in Ghana I had my interview on 27 August 2019 in Accra Ghana  the interview was good and the CO told me her self everything was good while the interview was going on I was so happy to hear her saying so the only problem at the end was she didn't understand the police report I did in nigeria. She was saying if it should have been done in CID department in Nigeria  because in Ghana here they do it that way .  so she went and ask  another CO while she told me to wait so when came came back she told me that she need to verify from Nigeria embassy in Lagos  and came me the form to return my passport and they will call me and ask me if I was given the pamphlet of my rights  in USA if I'm in danger  or been abuse by my fiancée and I don't feel safe that I can ask for help . my question is does this mean I'm approved  and have any body done their police report at CID department in Nigeria  I did it in a police station on 1 August before my interview I'm so worried. 

I think you have nothing to worry about. The CO will ask consular fro lagos and get back to you and if at all you need another one they will let you know which I dont think so. Calm down everything is fine.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Yeap said:

I think you have nothing to worry about. The CO will ask consular fro lagos and get back to you and if at all you need another one they will let you know which I dont think so. Calm down everything is fine.

Hey Yeap, I was going to ask too. My police report was done in February at the police headquarters in Oyo state where I live,  And it was included in the petition, do you think that’s acceptable or I may have to apply for another police report in Lagos? NOTE the police report I applied for was done in Ibadan but had to be taken to Lagos for verification before I was certified and fit to travel . My questions is do I have to apply for another one at the police department in Lagos or use the one I did in February? Thanks 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ola&Adunni said:

Hey Yeap, I was going to ask too. My police report was done in February at the police headquarters in Oyo state where I live,  And it was included in the petition, do you think that’s acceptable or I may have to apply for another police report in Lagos? NOTE the police report I applied for was done in Ibadan but had to be taken to Lagos for verification before I was certified and fit to travel . My questions is do I have to apply for another one at the police department in Lagos or use the one I did in February? Thanks 

I think police report is only valid for 6 month, I think you need another one, preferably from lagos.

Edited by Yeap

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 hours ago, Yeap said:

Thank you I'm happy to hear this 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/25/2019 at 8:06 AM, Rayson said:

Okay.

I had my K1 interview on June 24, 2019 and was asked to submit additional documents at the DHL office. I already gave her copies of my son's birth certificate, my late wife's death certificate and certificate of cause of death but she asked for the additional documents listed below.

The documents requested for  on the 221g form were:

1. Photos with child at different points of his life.

2. Child heath records / Original health vaccination records

3. Secondary evidence of ex-wife's death: Death notice, funeral program, photos, screenshot of social media postings

I told her i had everything except my son's health records / vaccination records and i told her the reasons i can't have them now. She said okay send the others.

I sent the following the next day June 25, 2019: 

1. Several pictures with my son (over 20) at different times of his life

2. Death notice sent to my ex-wife's employers notifying them of her passing, funeral program, photos of her grave tombstone, screenshots of facebook postings about her passing by me and her friends.

I did not get any email that they received my supporting documents. On the CEAC website my case was updated on June 26th, 27th, July 12th.

I sent an email to lagosIV last week asking for a status update. I have not heard from them yet. Like you, i am nervous as well. The wait can be so frustrating.

Hopefully, we would hear from them soon.

how long where you at the embassy for your interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.