Jump to content
Alex & Jess

K1 visa change in status to AP

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

So i have had my Embassy interview for the k1 visa on 9th of july 2019 .. and at the end of the interview i was told that i am approved and got handed an approval of immigration visa paper. i was also told that i will get my visa and my passport back within 5 - 10 business days (14 days). Ever since i got my interview i have made it a habit of mine to check the CEAC tracker with my case number every day twice. CEAC would show that my case is ' Ready ' to schedule an interview from the 10th of july ...after i have had my interview .. up till yesterday the 22nd of july (13 days after the interview) where it was updated from ' Ready ' to ' Administrative processing'. I am worried and i dont know what does this mean, I was approved in the interview but i dont have my passport yet, is this normal to be put in AP after waiting 13 days after the interview. can anyone please tell me if this happened to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alex & Jess said:

So i have had my Embassy interview for the k1 visa on 9th of july 2019 .. and at the end of the interview i was told that i am approved and got handed an approval of immigration visa paper. i was also told that i will get my visa and my passport back within 5 - 10 business days (14 days). Ever since i got my interview i have made it a habit of mine to check the CEAC tracker with my case number every day twice. CEAC would show that my case is ' Ready ' to schedule an interview from the 10th of july ...after i have had my interview .. up till yesterday the 22nd of july (13 days after the interview) where it was updated from ' Ready ' to ' Administrative processing'. I am worried and i dont know what does this mean, I was approved in the interview but i dont have my passport yet, is this normal to be put in AP after waiting 13 days after the interview. can anyone please tell me if this happened to them.

Yes, very normal.   Is your case now showing nonimmigrant versus immigrant?


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Yes, very normal.   Is your case now showing nonimmigrant versus immigrant?

OMG YES, i didnt even see that at first... It changed from immigrant to NON-immigrant ! .. is that good or bad 😦

Edited by Alex & Jess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typically it will switch to non-immigrant shortly before being issued.

K-1 is a non-immigrant visa (NIV) handled by the immigrant visa (IV) unit. So once the IV unit is complete with processing, it is sent over to the NIV unit to do their processing.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Typically it will switch to non-immigrant shortly before being issued.

K-1 is a non-immigrant visa (NIV) handled by the immigrant visa (IV) unit. So once the IV unit is complete with processing, it is sent over to the NIV unit to do their processing.

I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR THIS! , thank you so much for telling me this news, me and my fiance been waiting for so long. Thank you guys :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Nothing is guaranteed until the visa shows ISSUED. So don't have a party yet.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Alex & Jess said:

OMG YES, i didnt even see that at first... It changed from immigrant to NON-immigrant ! .. is that good or bad 😦

It means the IV unit has transferred the fil to the NIV unit.  You should also now be able to check ceac status on the nonimmigrant tracker using your ds160 number 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...