Sansha

Interview scheduled at local office prior to I-130 approval? 

14 posts in this topic

Hello. My husband is a US citizen and he filed I-130 for me in Oct 2018, Texas service center. I also live in the US. We have been waiting for 9 months and today my husband decided to call USCIS and the 2nd level officer told my husband that my case has been transferred to local office. Is there anyone who has interview scheduled at local office prior to I-130 approval? 

Edited by Sansha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well you come across it but not very often, usually for a specific reason.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Sansha said:

Hello. My husband is a US citizen and he filed I-130 for me in Oct 2018, Texas service center. I also live in the US. We have been waiting for 9 months and today my husband decided to call USCIS and the 2nd level officer told my husband that my case has been transferred to local office. Is there anyone who has interview scheduled at local office prior to I-130 approval? 

If you are also living in the US, are you looking at Adjustment of Status? . Ir/Cr1 visas are for foreign spouses living overseas not in the US 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Sansha said:

Because of the i485,  the final decision will occur all at the same time 

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sansha said:

We have only filed I-130 right now because our lawyer has told us that once I-130 will be approved we can file 1485 adjustment of status. 

That was unfortunate advice.  Then what boiler said

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sansha said:

I am in a removal proceeding so the only way you can adjust your status is after your I-130 is approved.  

Then we have the answer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

So what else is different about your case?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sansha said:

You don't know that. Thats why I made this post so that the  people who had had the same experience as mine can help me with their experience. Thank You. 

You can believe what you want 

YMMV

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.