KGG

Help with setting up Visa appointment.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Today I complete the DS160 form and when on to create the profile to schedule interview and pay fee. Because the DS160 is a non immigrant form I select that and was creating the profile...then it says select Visa case and nothing was there for K1 so I call the embassy and the say I should select immigrant so I start over again and it ask for case number so I enter the WAC and 10 digit number it says case number not ready. My fiance did get a letter that says I should fill out the DS160 and create profile, schedule interview and pay fee. Am so confused. Can something be this stressing?

Something happened to me , you have to select the immigrant visa and then it’ll give you the option menu to select k1. Trust me I spent hours trying to figure it out till I finally realized they were only allowing me other type of visa other then the k1. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

K1 
As soon as your file gets to NVC an is assigned a case# from NVC with a invoice# go to:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and do your DS160 (no charge). Print confirmation page. Needed when making appointment. K2 need their own DS160 also.

Submit: Letter w/ case number, DS-160, Original birth and marriage certificates, original police certificate (beneficiary); affidavit of support application and supporting documents (Tax returns, W2) and two passport pictures(updated 02/05/08)

register your appointment: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv
Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/18/2019 at 11:26 PM, Kemy said:

Today I complete the DS160 form and when on to create the profile to schedule interview and pay fee. Because the DS160 is a non immigrant form I select that and was creating the profile...then it says select Visa case and nothing was there for K1 so I call the embassy and the say I should select immigrant so I start over again and it ask for case number so I enter the WAC and 10 digit number it says case number not ready. My fiance did get a letter that says I should fill out the DS160 and create profile, schedule interview and pay fee. Am so confused. Can something be this stressing?

Did you get your case file number for NVC?? (Not the WAC #)  That is the number you should be entering to set up your profile and schedule your interview.  And yes you must choose Immigrant Visa from the drop down menu.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

No nvc didn't provide us with a case number. My fiance contact them and they told us to wait until they email us. But why would they send us a letter to say we should complete the DS160, create profile and schedule appointment and pay the fee.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kemy said:

No nvc didn't provide us with a case number. My fiance contact them and they told us to wait until they email us. But why would they send us a letter to say we should complete the DS160, create profile and schedule appointment and pay the fee.

E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov

Subject line:  USCIS Receipt number from your I-797 Notice of Action (NOA)

Body of email:   "Requesting case file number"   (plus include below required information)

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:
(You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response):

* USCIS Receipt Number from your NOA-2  (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).
* Petitioner's name and date of birth.
* Beneficiary's name and date of birth.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
23 hours ago, Kemy said:

We never used the NVC case number to fill out the DS160.  I used the WAC # and it went through fine.  The NVC won't send you an email until they send the file to the embassy

Edited by Jenny17655

Timeline

On 7/20/2019 at 7:28 AM, Pinkrlion said:

K1 
As soon as your file gets to NVC an is assigned a case# from NVC with a invoice# go to:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and do your DS160 (no charge). Print confirmation page. Needed when making appointment. K2 need their own DS160 also.

Submit: Letter w/ case number, DS-160, Original birth and marriage certificates, original police certificate (beneficiary); affidavit of support application and supporting documents (Tax returns, W2) and two passport pictures(updated 02/05/08)

register your appointment: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv

i click the link you provide and its giving me non immigrant. to fill out the ds 160 for k1 visa, is it a non immigrant visa or immigrant visa? 

Edited by nicky23

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
34 minutes ago, nicky23 said:

i click the link you provide and its giving me non immigrant. to fill out the ds 160 for k1 visa, is it a non immigrant visa or immigrant visa? 

Its interviewed by the immigrant Visa unit 

YMMV

Timeline
54 minutes ago, nicky23 said:

The DS-160 is a non-immigrant form as the K-1 is sort of a non-immigrant visa, the embassy processes the K-1 through their immigrant visa unit (as the K-1 has immigration intent)    It's a hybrid 

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

The DS-160 is a non-immigrant form as the K-1 is sort of a non-immigrant visa, the embassy processes the K-1 through their immigrant visa unit (as the K-1 has immigration intent)    It's a hybrid 

Oh ok..thanks for the information. Cause was wonder if am doing the right thing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.