Elisa Marie

NVC CEAC requesting ALL W-2/1099 forms but ALL forms have been submitted—how to resolve?

7 posts in this topic

I, the petitioner, received a request to submit all the W-2s and 1099s for my 2018 tax return, which I did. Then I got a message after 3 weeks making the same request. 

I've checked and double-checked the W-2 (1) and 1099s (2) that I've uploaded. The 1099s were accepted and the W-2 rejected with the note to upload all W-2/1099s for [NAME] 2018 tax return. I have checked to make sure all the numbers are reported as they should be on the return, so it is not that they don't match. 

Has this happened to anyone else? It is making me feel crazy and I'm not sure what to do.

Should I upload the same W-2 again with a note that it is the only one and hope it works? Should I upload all of them together in a single PDF with an explanation showing where the amounts appear on the tax return? I know 1099s make the income confusing. 

If anyone has advice, I would so appreciate it. My husband (the immigrant) is in England until the visa is approved, while I am in the US. We've now been apart for more than a year. The continued delays and feeling at the mercy of cryptic messages is so frustrating. 

Thank you thank you

• 4 months later...

Same thing happened to me, I'm also filing for my husband.

Although the only rejected the W-2 form for 2018, and accepted all the 2017 and 2017 W-2 forms.

So I'm very confused. I'm planing on calling the NVC, maybe they can help you out.

Some advice though(if you decide to call them), after calling them myself a lot of times, make sure you call them exactly at 7:00am. Because if you wait after that you will have to wait up to an hour for them to call you back. They say they're open until 12, but I'm pretty sure they stop taking calls by around 12pm. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi @Elisa Marie

Just clarifying, since I also  have multiple 1099 forms:  you uploaded each 1099 separately, right? Not like a single file for all W2's and another file for the 1099's?

Your explanation was pretty clear, but I think NVC process is driving me insane and paranoia is setting in. : )

Thank you! 

4 minutes ago, Guto2019 said:

Hi @Elisa Marie

Just clarifying, since I also  have multiple 1099 forms:  you uploaded each 1099 separately, right? Not like a single file for all W2's and another file for the 1099's?

Your explanation was pretty clear, but I think NVC process is driving me insane and paranoia is setting in. : )

Thank you! 

Hi!

Yes, I uploaded each document separately. And that seemed to work! (I'd recommend providing an explanation of how to read the tax form if it is confusing! I am not sure exactly how they match the tax info to the tax return, but it seems like 1099s are harder than W-2s for people to understand.)

The NVC process is insanity- and paranoia-inducing. Good luck!!!!

• 2 months later...
On 3/28/2020 at 7:23 AM, shahrear said:

hi @Elisa Marie

NVC asking for all the w2/1099 forms that submitted with the tax return or tax transcript. but my petitioner inform me that he did not submit any w2/1099 along with his return..What should i do now? how should i reply to nvc that there is no w2/1099. And why they are asking for that?

Hi, they want (I think) to verify that the info on the tax return is correct. He should submit the W2 and 1099 forms that he used to FILL OUT his tax return. You can upload them as PDFs. 

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.