Amaral L

Delete Uploaded Documents from "My USCIS"

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We are not at that step yet. but I will recommend to upload the right ones and ignore the rest.
They will figure it out if there's a comment section you can explain.

Good luck.

I-130 Spouse Visa

April 1, 2016 - Married

April 26, 2016 - Filed I-130 abroad from Morocco

May 3, 2016 - Case accepted

May 10, 2016 - Received NOA1

August 25, 2016 - Case transferred to another office

September 15, 2016 - Case Approved! USCIS

September 27, 2016 - Received NOA2
October 5, 2016 - Case Sent to Dept of State

October 11, 2016 - Case Received by NVC

October 25, 2016 - NVC Welcome Letter Received

October 25, 2016 - Completed DS-261

October 25, 2016 - Paid AOS Fee

November 2, 2016 - Paid IV Fee

November 4, 2016 - Filed DS-260

December 1, 2016 - Sent AOS Packet to NVC from Morocco
January 29, 2017 - We Have our Baby in Morocco :D👨‍👩‍👦 👶
February 17, 2017 - We Received Appointment Letter From NVC
March 20, 2017 - THE INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED :dancing:
January 25, 2019 - Filed I-751 Remove Conditions

February 10, 2019 - Received NOA1

March 5, 2019 - Biometric APPT

Jun 18, 2019 - Interview & Approval

Jun 21, 2019 - Received 10 years GC ✔️

www.rehazu.com - Learn more about our International Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Amaral L said:

Greeting everyone,

I'm applying for USA naturalization N-400 process and I mistakenly uploaded the wrong document on my USCIS account. I was wondering if anyone knows how to delete the document I've just uploaded since I haven't been given that option. Do you think it's possible?

Thanks!

Laura

You can't delete documents once submitted.  But, as long as you provided copy of GC, marriage certificate, tax transcripts and any other documents they requested , then you will be fine.  You can upload the correct document , but they are not obliged to review it.  Take it with you, you will be fine.   During, N-400 interview, you will get a change to add correct document, if they need it.  Do not worry.  May I ask what incorrect document you added?

I'm not sure if I know how to properly reply to @dilip, but here's my answer to your question:

I was asked for the original copy of my divorce decree. As a background, I got my permanent green card through my ex-husband, but we divorced after that and in the citizenship process they asked to see the documentation. I provided a copy on what they call JoD (judgement of divorce) way back when I applied for the naturalization. I already had the interview and passed the tests in May this year, but the officer told me that because I had moved jurisdictions during the process, the application had to be routed to an officer responsible for my new borough.

The USCIS then mailed me a notice requesting the original copy of my JoD, but they forgot to put my apartment number and I missed the letter and the deadline to provide them with what they needed. I found out about the letter after I entered the my USCIS profile and found the letter under the section "documents". What's even more strange is that last week I got the automated email from the system saying that there was no updates to my process and they were still reviewing the case. Normally, if they send you a letter, they also send you an automated message saying that they are communicating with you, that's how I found out about the scheduling of my interview in the first place.

In the effort to give them what they wanted, I mistakenly uploaded my divorce agreement, which gives them much more information than what they need, posing a risk to my process and I wanted to withdraw that document, since they only asked for the court documents. I did go to the USCIS in person, gave them a printed letter explaining the situation to them and asking them to please mail me in the right address, but now I don't know and hoped to get some answers here.

Thank you all

1 hour ago, Amaral L said:

I'm not sure if I know how to properly reply to @dilip, but here's my answer to your question:

I was asked for the original copy of my divorce decree. As a background, I got my permanent green card through my ex-husband, but we divorced after that and in the citizenship process they asked to see the documentation. I provided a copy on what they call JoD (judgement of divorce) way back when I applied for the naturalization. I already had the interview and passed the tests in May this year, but the officer told me that because I had moved jurisdictions during the process, the application had to be routed to an officer responsible for my new borough.

The USCIS then mailed me a notice requesting the original copy of my JoD, but they forgot to put my apartment number and I missed the letter and the deadline to provide them with what they needed. I found out about the letter after I entered the my USCIS profile and found the letter under the section "documents". What's even more strange is that last week I got the automated email from the system saying that there was no updates to my process and they were still reviewing the case. Normally, if they send you a letter, they also send you an automated message saying that they are communicating with you, that's how I found out about the scheduling of my interview in the first place.

In the effort to give them what they wanted, I mistakenly uploaded my divorce agreement, which gives them much more information than what they need, posing a risk to my process and I wanted to withdraw that document, since they only asked for the court documents. I did go to the USCIS in person, gave them a printed letter explaining the situation to them and asking them to please mail me in the right address, but now I don't know and hoped to get some answers here.

Thank you all

Hi, 

What is the difference between the Judgement of Divorce and the Final Divorce Decree?

Did you upload the original petition of divorce?

Thanks,

N-400:

07/19/2019: Applied online

08/07/2019: Biometrics 

01/22/2020: Interview scheduled

02/26/2020: Interview.

02/27/2020: Status changed to Approved. Oath scheduled for 03/18/2020

Timeline
1 hour ago, SilverLake said:

Hi, 

What is the difference between the Judgement of Divorce and the Final Divorce Decree?

Did you upload the original petition of divorce?

Thanks,

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/is-divorce-decree-different-than-judgment-of-disso-914468.html

Edited by dilip

Timeline
3 hours ago, Amaral L said:

Thank you all

You said that you found the letter in the document section.  Did they ask you to mail the divorce decree or to upload to the website after login in.  If they requestedto  mail, print the N-14 or whatever it calls and send them with your divorce decree to the new office or wherever they request you to send.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.