Andew_YeeHa

How to call my uscis officer who interviewed me

5 posts in this topic

I had my interview. The officer said to send in a new updated medical as the 1st one had expired. Upon receipt he said he would approve and send my green card that was 60 days ago.

Uscis case status says the correspondence was recieved and are reviewing my case.

The letter i had recieved from my uscis interview said to send all documents prior July 22 or case will be denied. I have sent the new medical, tracking by usps confirmed delivery, online case status updated. So should be ok there.

My original work authorization expires july 31st although i filed for an extension. I have a letter saying im good for another 180days. 

Although things seem to be progressing, getting a little anxious moving towards the 31st with no result yet.

With that being said is there a way to call my ucsis officer who interviewed me?

Edited by Andew_YeeHa

No, there's no (public) way to reach an officer directly, let alone the one interviewed you. You can try calling the USCIS customer support line and asking to speak to a Tier 2, who may or may not be able to actually see into your case and confirm receipt of your response. After that, it's just a waiting game.

A friend of mine just got her green card via AOS after an interview back in February where everything was fine. Her case status even showed approval quickly, yet the case was put back into reconsideration until just this week. It takes time....USCIS is very slow.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Andew_YeeHa said:

I had my interview. The officer said to send in a new updated medical as the 1st one had expired. Upon receipt he said he would approve and send my green card that was 60 days ago.

Uscis case status says the correspondence was recieved and are reviewing my case.

The letter i had recieved from my uscis interview said to send all documents prior July 22 or case will be denied. I have sent the new medical, tracking by usps confirmed delivery, online case status updated. So should be ok there.

My original work authorization expires july 31st although i filed for an extension. I have a letter saying im good for another 180days. 

Although things seem to be progressing, getting a little anxious moving towards the 31st with no result yet.

With that being said is there a way to call my ucsis officer who interviewed me?

This process is not a sprint as others on this website have said. Even if you call USCIS customer support line you may wait up to 2 hours or more to speak with someone. Then after that as the previous poster wrote, the Tier 2 officer may or may not be able to look into your case. This process requires patience and self care to keep yourself healthy. Stress can compromise your immune system and make you ill. Right now the time it takes is out of your control and in USCIS’ control. If you received confirmation that they have received your response it’s a waiting game. 

N400 - Naturalization                                                                                                        U.S. Passport

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online                                                  Oct 01, 2019 (Day 1): Sent US Passport Application

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online                                         Oct 08, 2019 (Day 8 ) : Passport trackable 

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Recvd notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled       Oct 17, 2019 (Day 17) : Received Passport

Aug 13, 2018 (Day 8): Received biometrics appt letter online                                        Oct 21, 2019 (Day 21) : Received Naturalization Cert. back

Aug 28, 2018 (Day 23): Biometrics Appt

May 06, 2019 (Day 274): In Line For Interview

Jun 11, 2019 (Day 311): Interview Date

July 01, 2019 (Day 327) : Oath Ceremony I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

FROM K-1 PETITION SENT TO OATH CEREMONY WAS ABOUT 7 YEARS 4 MONTHS

After 8 years of marriage divorced October 4, 2021

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/

It would be a huge security risk of people were to be able to get in contact with interviewing officers directly.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.