EmilyTim

Operation years ago

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I have my medical exam scheduled for tomorrow and I think I'm all ready for it. 

I have a "Full report" and an "Encounter report" from my GP - they were unable to give me the "Patient report". My vaccinations are listed on both. 

I had maxillofacial jaw surgery twice, several years ago. I'm a bit concerned that they're going to request more information about this... 

It is not a current problem, and I do not have check-ups about it or take any medication for it. 

Am I just panicking for no reason?

Thanks, Em.

How comes you couldn't request a patient summary? Knightsbridge specifically ask for a patient/care summary report from doctors. And without it they won't see you 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you need to get your patient summary, as stated above but the fact you had surgery on your jaw is not an issue at all

Edited by debbiedoo

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

The surgery is not an issue. Lots of people have had some form of surgery (tonsils, appendix, teeth) at some point in their life. You need to list it on the questionnaire when you arrive. But the biggest concern is that you have no patient summary. You need to get that.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

Update: I called up the clinic in London and told the receptionist that I don't have exactly the correct paperwork. But because there's still a sufficient amount of info on the "summary report", she said it will be fine. She also added a note on my booking to inform the doctor reviewing that my case might take a bit longer if they need to have a flick through my full medical history (12 pages) too. 

1 minute ago, JFH said:

The surgery is not an issue. Lots of people have had some form of surgery (tonsils, appendix, teeth) at some point in their life. You need to list it on the questionnaire when you arrive. But the biggest concern is that you have no patient summary. You need to get that.

Thanks for your reply :)

Timeline
5 hours ago, EmilyTim said:

So I have my medical exam scheduled for tomorrow and I think I'm all ready for it. 

I have a "Full report" and an "Encounter report" from my GP - they were unable to give me the "Patient report". My vaccinations are listed on both. 

I had maxillofacial jaw surgery twice, several years ago. I'm a bit concerned that they're going to request more information about this... 

It is not a current problem, and I do not have check-ups about it or take any medication for it. 

Am I just panicking for no reason?

Thanks, Em.

Honestly judging by the sound of it, you should be fine. The jaw surgery won't be an issue at all. As for the lack of patient summary, I don't know why GPs are so against giving it out. They told my fiancé that Knightsbridge would have to request it if they were going to give it, she ended up being very persistent and then they just gave in and gave her it. Considering you have a "full report" and "encounter report" I think you'll be ok. But there might be an issue because I'm pretty sure the patient summary is supposed to reflect details about your current health, don't know if the other reports you listed having will do that. Either way I think you're going to be ok, just be wary about the info Knightsbridge gives over the phone because according to many here the info hasn't been the most accurate...

Timeline
15 hours ago, TandMApproved said:

Honestly judging by the sound of it, you should be fine. The jaw surgery won't be an issue at all. As for the lack of patient summary, I don't know why GPs are so against giving it out. They told my fiancé that Knightsbridge would have to request it if they were going to give it, she ended up being very persistent and then they just gave in and gave her it. Considering you have a "full report" and "encounter report" I think you'll be ok. But there might be an issue because I'm pretty sure the patient summary is supposed to reflect details about your current health, don't know if the other reports you listed having will do that. Either way I think you're going to be ok, just be wary about the info Knightsbridge gives over the phone because according to many here the info hasn't been the most accurate...

Thanks a lot for your reply :) got my fingers crossed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.