jskibo

Finally sent IR5 off for MIL......

13 posts in this topic

So after about 18 months of waiting for My Mother in Law to get her passport, we finally sent her I-130 package in today.

• Pro tip ------> For anyone who hasn't checked their birth certificate in 59 years, be sure it has the right sex listed.  Most of the 18 month nightmare was getting my mother in law's birth certificate corrected.  Not like they make it easy in the Philippines.  Have to see a doctor to prove you weren't surgically altered, but alas, that doctor has to be one in the province where the birth took place, and oh yeah, have to publish in the newspaper for any objections after the doctor completes his report....and wait 😂

Glad its all over with....Now on to Father in Law, he's only missing a letter in his last name on his Birth Certificate, so maybe this one will be a bit shorter.  They told him only 4 months to make correction after he provided all the right documents.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
49 minutes ago, jskibo said:

So after about 18 months of waiting for My Mother in Law to get her passport, we finally sent her I-130 package in today.

• Pro tip ------> For anyone who hasn't checked their birth certificate in 59 years, be sure it has the right sex listed.  Most of the 18 month nightmare was getting my mother in law's birth certificate corrected.  Not like they make it easy in the Philippines.  Have to see a doctor to prove you weren't surgically altered, but alas, that doctor has to be one in the province where the birth took place, and oh yeah, have to publish in the newspaper for any objections after the doctor completes his report....and wait 😂

Glad its all over with....Now on to Father in Law, he's only missing a letter in his last name on his Birth Certificate, so maybe this one will be a bit shorter.  They told him only 4 months to make correction after he provided all the right documents.

Why did you wait to file the petition until after getting the passport. 

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Why did you wait to file the petition until after getting the passport. 

I-130 ask for passport number and expiration date on page 7

Timeline
1 minute ago, jskibo said:

Only applicable if they previously entered the USA.  You didn't need to wait and you don't need to wait for the FIL to get his.

YMMV

3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Only applicable if they previously entered the USA.  You didn't need to wait and you don't need to wait for the FIL to get his.

Hmmmm, I was reading the note and note and not the subject line I guess :)

Still happy we didn't file MIL's 18 months ago :)

Edited by jskibo

Timeline
1 minute ago, jskibo said:

Hmmmm, I was reading the note and note and not the subject line I guess :)

Still happy we didn't file MIL's 18 months ago :)

Certainly,  but an approved i130 will remain valid as long as you keep in contact with NVC.  If you don't, it will go stale after one year, if you do it will stay valid for as long as it takes. 

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

Certainly,  but an approved i130 will remain valid as long as you keep in contact with NVC.  If you don't, it will go stale after one year, if you do it will stay valid for as long as it takes. 

Well there goes my July 4th beer money, another $535 to USCIS :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, jskibo said:

That only applies IF the person has entered the USA (previously or currently)  .  "Beneficiary's Entry Information"

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
6 minutes ago, jskibo said:

Well there goes my July 4th beer money, another $535 to USCIS :)

Not really .. just get things started with NVC and relax.  Same goes for once at USEM.   

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 hours ago, jskibo said:

Got them all filed now. In laws and wife happy, now to figure out where to put the fifth bedroom 😀

Just call Norm!

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 7/3/2019 at 10:08 AM, jskibo said:

I just recently had an issue with this with my mil birth certificate. It's been since November I've been trying to get her mom's bc corrected. Her name is misspelled and her parents last names are swapped. 

My wife has been going back and forth then my wife was upset that she said she was giving up.  I asked her for the registrar name and I found the person on Facebook. They just recently participated in the oath of office for a lot of the winners from the recent election. They had a bunch of tagged names. 

It was public left a rant about her office should be ashamed of themselves being public servants and having the person who is requesting assistance going back and forth getting the information they should have on hand. Basically memorandums circulars with instructions on how to fix things. Anyways this lady was super incompetent. Once I posted no lie within 15 mins my wife got a call saying the paper was being sent off to get fixed.

My wife was upset at me because I told her what I did but she basically said the registrar was super apologetic about the situation. Maybe my threat of legal action I was going to take when I arrive next week created a fire under her. 

Basically it was 20 mins of work according to anothers brgys website.  

Anyways these smaller brgy are super disorganized but public shaming and threats of legal action makes them work faster. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

I forgot to mention that I also sent a complaint prior to taking my crazy action on the Facebook rant. (I got impatient I mean I was waiting since Nov 2018 so I was furious and sending emails and rants is easy but it had me researching legal avenues) I feel bad about the facebook rant, but meh sometimes people need to be told they are horrible public servants to be better public servants.

They actually got back to me with a long list of scanned documents of the communications/email chain. I guess they are really open when things hit the fan. 

This one was very interesting. It came straight from PSA Complex in Quezon City.

1G1YXPq.png

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.