Kristi&Luigi

EAD expedite based on job offer.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hey guys, 

my husband received a job offer and the offer would expire August 2 if he cannot accept it. We put in an EAD expedite request due to financial hardships and were asked to fax in proof of job offer. We have our documents as shown: job offer letter, proof of financial hardships, copy of notice. Lastly We’re working on writing the cover letter, however We’re stuck. Does anyone have an example ead expedite cover letters or knows how to make them? 

Also so are we missing any documentations that can help in our favor? 

5 hours ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

Hey guys, 

my husband received a job offer and the offer would expire August 2 if he cannot accept it. We put in an EAD expedite request due to financial hardships and were asked to fax in proof of job offer. We have our documents as shown: job offer letter, proof of financial hardships, copy of notice. Lastly We’re working on writing the cover letter, however We’re stuck. Does anyone have an example ead expedite cover letters or knows how to make them? 

Also so are we missing any documentations that can help in our favor? 

For cover letter, I just listed the documents I submitted, and describe briefly why I need to expedite EAD, make it a bit simple so the officer would read the key point. And make sure you quantify the financial loss (For my case, I anticipate another 4 months to get EAD if follow the normal EAD processing time, that means $ XXX amount of loss in total, and also 401K, bonus, etc.).

I think your documentations are good.

I-485/765/131:

06/01/2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP through UPS, received NOA1 on 6/11. Received bio appointment on 6/15 and completed on scheduled date 6/29.

07/06/2018 - Submitted EAD expedite request with job offer, reason was financial loss. Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04. AOS changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' on 7/24.

07/23/2019 - AOS interview was scheduled on 8/27. In the interview USCIS can't make decision because original K1 file got split up somewhere.

11/25/2019 - AOS got approved, received the actual card in mail on 12/2.

I-751:

09/05/2021 - Sent ROC through FedEx, delivered on 9/7, received message e-notification on 9/9 stated case was received, check is cashed on 9/10, NOA1 in mailbox on 9/13.

10/28/2021 - Fingerprints have been taken (Reuse).

01/17/2023 -  Case was transferred To Another Office

01/26/2023 - Case Was Approved

N-400:

08/28/2022 - Submitted N-400 online, NOA1 on 08/29/2022, with estimate time 10 months for decision. Biometrics is reused.

11/23/2022 - Interview was scheduled on 1/11/2023, it was a combo interview for I751/N400. Both cases were verbally approved. System hasn't been updated yet. 

01/26/2023 - Form N-400 recommended to be approved --> Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

02/06/2023 -  Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed, Oath on 2/22

02/22/2023 - Oath Ceremony, applied passport the same day, with estimated receiving date in middle of May. ALL DONE!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Victorolas said:

For cover letter, I just listed the documents I submitted, and describe briefly why I need to expedite EAD, make it a bit simple so the officer would read the key point. And make sure you quantify the financial loss (For my case, I anticipate another 4 months to get EAD if follow the normal EAD processing time, that means $ XXX amount of loss in total, and also 401K, bonus, etc.).

I think your documentations are good.

Thanks so much! I will add your suggestions about the amount lost if the job gets denied. How long after faxing did you get to hear from them? 

On 7/3/2019 at 2:24 PM, Kristi&Luigi said:

Thanks so much! I will add your suggestions about the amount lost if the job gets denied. How long after faxing did you get to hear from them? 

Fax never worked for me... I tried multiple times from morning to the evening, so I just mailed it, at the same time I contacted with congresswoman office, so I'm not sure which one worked for me in the end 

I-485/765/131:

06/01/2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP through UPS, received NOA1 on 6/11. Received bio appointment on 6/15 and completed on scheduled date 6/29.

07/06/2018 - Submitted EAD expedite request with job offer, reason was financial loss. Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04. AOS changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' on 7/24.

07/23/2019 - AOS interview was scheduled on 8/27. In the interview USCIS can't make decision because original K1 file got split up somewhere.

I-751:

09/05/2021 - Sent ROC through FedEx, delivered on 9/7, received message e-notification on 9/9 stated case was received, check is cashed on 9/10, NOA1 in mailbox on 9/13.

N-400:

08/28/2022 - Submitted N-400 online, NOA1 on 08/29/2022, with estimate time 10 months for decision. Biometrics is reused.

11/23/2022 - Interview was scheduled on 1/11/2023, it was a combo interview for I751/N400. Both cases were verbally approved. System hasn't been updated yet. 

01/26/2023 - Form N-400 recommended to be approved --> Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

02/22/2023 - Oath Ceremony, applied passport the same day, with estimated receiving date in middle of May. ALL DONE!!

Timeline
14 hours ago, Victorolas said:

Fax never worked for me... I tried multiple times from morning to the evening, so I just mailed it, at the same time I contacted with congresswoman office, so I'm not sure which one worked for me in the end 

Fax wasn’t working for me either from FedEx. I tried 3 times, it just said busy. Then I went to Office Depot, crosses my fingers, and it went through. I had no idea we could mail it so I was pretty scared. 

Ill call congress or senate next week to have them follow up in case it helps... 

Ill keep everyone posted for future readers. 

Edited by Kristi&Luigi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
On 7/3/2019 at 4:24 PM, Kristi&Luigi said:

For me it took exactly a week from faxing the evidence to "Card is in Production". But timelines seem to vary from a couple of days to several weeks

On 7/6/2019 at 3:51 AM, Kristi&Luigi said:

Fax wasn’t working for me either from FedEx. I tried 3 times, it just said busy. Then I went to Office Depot, crosses my fingers, and it went through. I had no idea we could mail it so I was pretty scared. 

Ill call congress or senate next week to have them follow up in case it helps... 

Ill keep everyone posted for future readers. 

Good luck on your process!

I-485/765/131:

I-751:

N-400:

Timeline
On 7/6/2019 at 12:27 PM, KandN said:

For me it took exactly a week from faxing the evidence to "Card is in Production". But timelines seem to vary from a couple of days to several weeks

On 7/8/2019 at 8:27 AM, Victorolas said:

Good luck on your process!

Thanks for all your support guys. 

After faxing my evidence last week, I got today these updates on my case status: 

• 07/09/2019
    sign_icon.png

On July 9, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number X, was completed.

• 07/09/2019
    sign_icon.png

On July 9, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number X.

• 07/09/2019
    sign_icon.png

On July 9, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number X, was assigned to an officer for response.'

Timeline

Followed by this email: 

" ...

Referral ID:
X
Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):
 -- Information not available

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):
 -- X

Type of service requested:
 -- Expedite

The status of this service request is:

We received your documents in support of your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly. "

Does anyone know if "you will receive a decision or notice" means a decision to the expedite or a decision to the EAD? Does this mean Expedite request was approved? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.