6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

So my fiancee just entered the US on a K1 visa we are going to get married this Monday at the court house. As soon we got the marriage certificate I want to file for her AOS ASAP but I have a concern about her medical. Back in her home country her vaccines shot were not administered because she is pregnant.

Is that going to cause a problem?

Does she needs a form that support that or the determination made oversees by the doctor will be on record?

In the guide states this:

If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. If you are missing any shots from your overseas medical a I-693 vaccination transcription is required to be completed by seeing a Civil Surgeon to have certain portions of the I-693 completed and have the Civil Surgeon certify the form (sealing the original in an envelope and giving you a copy.

She does have vaccines when she was younger and have proof for them. 

I just want to make a good package from the start to avoid any delays based on our part, we understand it may take time our field office is Atlanta and is taking based on the web page about 11-22 months something like that. 

Any inputs to help us understand will be appreciated. ✌🏻😎

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, FaithProfessoR said:

So my fiancee just entered the US on a K1 visa we are going to get married this Monday at the court house. As soon we got the marriage certificate I want to file for her AOS ASAP but I have a concern about her medical. Back in her home country her vaccines shot were not administered because she is pregnant.

Is that going to cause a problem?

Does she needs a form that support that or the determination made oversees by the doctor will be on record?

In the guide states this:

If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. If you are missing any shots from your overseas medical a I-693 vaccination transcription is required to be completed by seeing a Civil Surgeon to have certain portions of the I-693 completed and have the Civil Surgeon certify the form (sealing the original in an envelope and giving you a copy.

She does have vaccines when she was younger and have proof for them. 

I just want to make a good package from the start to avoid any delays based on our part, we understand it may take time our field office is Atlanta and is taking based on the web page about 11-22 months something like that. 

Any inputs to help us understand will be appreciated. ✌🏻😎

All required vaccinations need to be recorded on immigration documents,  if you don't have a complete ds3025 then you need to visit a civil surgeon to get it done. 

YMMV

You have to look to her personal copy of the DS3025 to see if it is marked complete and is completed properly.

USCIS wont accept any prior vaccines that are not recorded on the DS3025. She could have easily received a blanket waiver for her pregnancy and her vaccine requirements would have been marked as complete.

You'll have to look at her DS3025.

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-9

"An officer should also never issue an RFE for additional vaccines if the applicant is no longer pregnant at the time of the adjudication of the adjustment of status. As long as the vaccination assessment was properly completed by the civil surgeon at the time of the examination, the vaccination assessment can be accepted. In other words, if a woman did not receive certain required vaccines because she was pregnant at the time of the medical examination, and the contraindication box is marked by the civil surgeon, the applicant is not required to get those vaccines later at the time of the adjudication."

Hopefully yours is marked as K1 Complete and her vaccines are C's in the right hand column for the ones that were required. You can post it and we can check it out.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
20 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You have to look to her personal copy of the DS3025 to see if it is marked complete and is completed properly.

USCIS wont accept any prior vaccines that are not recorded on the DS3025. She could have easily received a blanket waiver for her pregnancy and her vaccine requirements would have been marked as complete.

"An officer should also never issue an RFE for additional vaccines if the applicant is no longer pregnant at the time of the adjudication of the adjustment of status. As long as the vaccination assessment was properly completed by the civil surgeon at the time of the examination, the vaccination assessment can be accepted. In other words, if a woman did not receive certain required vaccines because she was pregnant at the time of the medical examination, and the contraindication box is marked by the civil surgeon, the applicant is not required to get those vaccines later at the time of the adjudication."

Hopefully yours is marked as K1 Complete and her vaccines are C's in the right hand column for the ones that were required. You can post it and we can check it out.

Thanks this make sense. 

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I was (well am) pregnant when we filed AOS (8/10/19). On the i-693, the Civil Surgeon checked "Contra-indication" on some vaccinations (p.12), and marked "Applicant may be eligible for blanket waivers" on page 13. "Pregnancy" was all she wrote in Remarks

I'll keep tabs on your post and update you when we hear something back. It just sucks to let immigration stress and put a cloud over such an otherwise happy occasion, but we have to do what we have to do. Good luck & health! ❤️

Edited by crickets

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
On 7/3/2019 at 11:33 AM, K1visaHopeful said:

Wow, we didn't know that. I just replied with my experience because the Doctor checked the 1st option vs "vaccine history is complete.." but I don't think it will hurt us in the end. 

Thanks for the info on the RFE

takes a huge load off

Edited by crickets

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.