11 posts in this topic

Hi 

I need your advice

My  Egyptian wife case in the national Visa Center they excepted all documentation’s and applications except her birth certificate ,  marriage certificate   And police certificate and they send me a message saying that I have replace this documents with an acceptable documents from the correct issuing authority. 

But I submit all those documents from the correct issuing authority plus the translation from  local translator in  Egypt  for each documents  what the NVC means by I have to get the documents from the correct  issuing  authority, again this is the correct documents from the correct  issuing  Authority, what I should do ?

This is the page they use to determine what is acceptable. Have your documents conformed with everything described here per document?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Egypt.html

Did you follow the specific requirements for Egypt? 

Here’s what is required for a birth certificate, for example:

Issuing Authority: Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs / Ministry of Health and Population

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: Birth Certificates are bilingual: Arabic-language section fades (left to right) from teal to orange to red to teal. The English-language section fades (left to right) from blue to purple to blue. The birth certificates contain an official eagle stamp in the top left corner.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: The issuing authority is listed at the bottom of the document, under the title, “Medical Office.”

Registration Criteria: Once the birth has been registered with the appropriate Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs office, the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs office registers the information with the Ministry of Interior Civil Status Organization (CSO) in Cairo.  Births must be registered within 14 days.

Procedure for Obtaining: Egyptian birth certificates may be obtained from the local Public Health Office of the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs with jurisdiction over the place the birth occurred.

Certified Copies Available: Egyptians can obtain multiple prints of an original birth certificate from local CSO offices. Each print cost 7 Egyptian Pounds (LE).

Alternate Documents:  There are no alternate documents.

Exceptions: None

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I had the same issue but if you go to Abbasia Square and ask for the side by side translation, they will accept it. Once I submitted those documents, they were accepted after 3 weeks. I am just waiting for my wife's interview letter now....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

State Dept guidance on Egyptian birth/marriage docs is confusing.  I feel you -- I've been down this road.

For birth certificates, the DOS web guidance reads:  Procedure for Obtaining: Egyptian birth certificates may be obtained from the local Public Health Office of the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs with jurisdiction over the place the birth occurred.  But then, just two paragraphs later, the DOS web guidance reads:  Comments: Applicants must provide a copy of their Official bilingual Birth/Marriage/Death or Divorce certificates from the Civil Status Organization headquarters. Certificates are usually issued within one week period.  Bottom line:  looks like the only NVC-acceptable bilingual birth document out there must be obtained directly from the CSO and nobody else.   The same appears to hold for the marriage document, no matter which faith.  

The DOS web guidance on Egyptian documents has a lot of verbiage which creates confusion.  But apparently all roads lead to the CSO in Cairo for official bilingual proof of birth and marriage from Egypt that the NVC is likely to accept.   

Corrections welcome!

• 2 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Zombie thread locked to further replies. If you have a questions about your own case please start your own thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.