Alex Flores

Philippines Birth Certificate Judicial Change

18 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am an American born and raised in New York. My girlfriend was born and raised in Bacolod City, Philippines. She has a problem with her birth certificate. Forgive me if I don't explain this 100% correctly, but this is my understanding of her situation so far. First of all, her birth certificate is a late registration. She told me page 1 of her birth certificate is OK (totally correct), but Page 2 has the wrong first name(her sister's first name) and it also has the wrong birth date, birth month, and birth year (these are also her sister's information). I want to help her fix this as soon as possible so that she can get a passport and eventually I will petition her here with a K-1 Visa and marry her. I understand she will need to make a Judicial change to her birth certificate, which takes a lot longer than an administrative or clerical change. I am trying to find her a lawyer in Bacolod city that has experience in dealing with this. Can anyone help or recommend someone to help us? I would greatly appreciate it. We have been in a long distance relationship for about a year and I really want to marry her. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you all.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry, I can't help with personal knowledge of an attorney.   

I did a search   http://www.chanrobles.com/sarmientoyulo.htm

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Here are two that have very good reputations in getting things done and done the first time with reasonable rates.

1. A good lawyer that others spoke of is Atty. Dimpna (Dimples) D. Bermejo-Dulay and she is located in Davao City

2. Atty. Jeanie S. Pulido

http://www.philippinelegalservices.com.ph/

Email:

• jsplaw@gmail.com
  • jsplaw@phonline.com

We will respond to your email within 24 hours.

Telephone:

• (632) 821 - 4106
  • (632) 881 - 0150
  • (632) 551 - 7673

Cellular Phone / Viber:

• +63 917 7947849

Offline Address:

Unit G-07 Antel Seaview Tower,

2626 Roxas Blvd., Pasay City,

1300, Metro Manila, Philippine

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Thank you soooooooo much!!!!

10 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Sorry, I can't help with personal knowledge of an attorney.   

I did a search   http://www.chanrobles.com/sarmientoyulo.htm

Please don't be sorry. I'll take any help I can get! Thank you!!

Greenbaum wow thank you!! I really appreciate that information!

I think the odds of a correct birth certificate in the Philippines is less than 50/50. With our 2 sons I told my wife to make sure they check it over and over before submitting. My oldest son's certificate says I am Filipino. Other than that it is correct. My second son is correct. My wife needed hers changed from male to female. They have a family friend who in the Philippines would be known as a "fixer". 2k (peso's not dollars) and a month later my wife 2 new official PSA birth certificates with the correction.

1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

I think the odds of a correct birth certificate in the Philippines is less than 50/50. With our 2 sons I told my wife to make sure they check it over and over before submitting. My oldest son's certificate says I am Filipino. Other than that it is correct. My second son is correct. My wife needed hers changed from male to female. They have a family friend who in the Philippines would be known as a "fixer". 2k (peso's not dollars) and a month later my wife 2 new official PSA birth certificates with the correction.

Hi RO_AH! Is there any chance this fixer of yours can help us? 

RO-AH,  PLEASE maybe you can help us. My son is getting ready to immigrate his wife and her children. Several of the kids certificates need amending, for various reasons, like Mothers name used her nickname or birth order is wrong.  Can you get us a contact, more than willing to pay.  Question was it "fixed" at the government office, or the fixer fixed it, lol?

On 6/28/2019 at 12:35 AM, Alex Flores said:

Hi RO_AH! Is there any chance this fixer of yours can help us? 

Sorry it took so long to answer. He probably would not be able to unless you are in Bulacan.

On 7/4/2019 at 10:38 AM, RubysMom said:

RO-AH,  PLEASE maybe you can help us. My son is getting ready to immigrate his wife and her children. Several of the kids certificates need amending, for various reasons, like Mothers name used her nickname or birth order is wrong.  Can you get us a contact, more than willing to pay.  Question was it "fixed" at the government office, or the fixer fixed it, lol?

It was legally fixed in the court and with PSA. Unless they are in the same area (see above post) he would probably not be able to assist. Som minor things in the birth certificate will not cause problems. Mine with her being listed as a male obviously would.

5 hours ago, RO_AH said:

Sorry it took so long to answer. He probably would not be able to unless you are in Bulacan.

Hi! I'm sorry to bother you, but is there any way to get this person's contact information? The only thing I want fixed is my mother's first name on my birth certificate. However, it was already submitted to the local civil registrar. I just need someone who can help me so the PSA phase will be quicker than normal. 

Thank you!!

Mother in Law BC showed male. That took forever to fix 

Father in law was missing a letter. He tried a fixer who gave home new BCs but never fixed the PSA system data. When he filed for passport it was rejected for fraudulent documents.  

Always fun there

Edited by jskibo

Timeline
2 hours ago, chxakx said:

Hi! I'm sorry to bother you, but is there any way to get this person's contact information? The only thing I want fixed is my mother's first name on my birth certificate. However, it was already submitted to the local civil registrar. I just need someone who can help me so the PSA phase will be quicker than normal. 

Thank you!!

Fixxors are a bad move .. most are a scam.    Facilitators (ya most call them fixxors) are what you want, someone who knows the system, knows the people and knows which palms to grease to get your documents moved to the top of the stack .. they don't get you a "new document" they make the normal process move along smoother.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 7/11/2019 at 6:16 AM, Hank_ said:

Fixxors are a bad move .. most are a scam.    Facilitators (ya most call them fixxors) are what you want, someone who knows the system, knows the people and knows which palms to grease to get your documents moved to the top of the stack .. they don't get you a "new document" they make the normal process move along smoother.

This is the person that I have. He knows the system, he knows he to talk to, he knows people at PSA in Manila. I don't think he even pays anyone off.

On 7/11/2019 at 3:21 AM, chxakx said:

Thank you!!

The guy I use is a family friend of my wife and would not be able to help you if you are not close to him (Bulacan). If your moms first name is wrong on the birth certificate I doubt that would have any effect on any immigration. Even on my wife's birth certificate we fixed her sex because for obvious reasons that would probably be problematic. But we did not fix her parents bith date and both were wrong. It would have made them around 60-70 years old when my wife was born.

Timeline
4 hours ago, RO_AH said:

This is the person that I have. He knows the system, he knows he to talk to, he knows people at PSA in Manila. I don't think he even pays anyone off.

^^

Exactly!!!   

We paid people, not much, enough to buy dinner out .. no different than I do here in the states when I appreciate "extra effort"

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.