Trapper99

Interview Confirmation / Passport Delivery Confirmation Kyiv

9 posts in this topic

Can't tell for sure, but is the interview confirmation and the passport delivery confirmation both on the same confirmation page you print on ustraveldocs? The instructions make it sound like two different confirmations need to be printed, but I can't find an option for the passport delivery confirmation. The interview confirmation has her address on it for passport delivery.

Just went ahead and called the embassy for clarification on this. While their directions make it sound there are 2 confirmations to print, 1 for interview and 1 for delivery, they are both on the same confirmation to print. He said for other visa options it can be different.

Also, perhaps an answer to an even more ambiguous question...I did get confirmation that a wet signature is not required for the I134, at least at Kyiv. A copy is sufficient. I have seen this asked many times on here with no sure answer, and was wondering the same myself as I didn't want to DHL 8 sheets of paper for $120 if not needed.. I called the embassy on this and who I spoke with literally said "I don't know" and to email the IV section and ask. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 hours ago, Trapper99 said:

Just went ahead and called the embassy for clarification on this. While their directions make it sound there are 2 confirmations to print, 1 for interview and 1 for delivery, they are both on the same confirmation to print. He said for other visa options it can be different.

Also, perhaps an answer to an even more ambiguous question...I did get confirmation that a wet signature is not required for the I134, at least at Kyiv. A copy is sufficient. I have seen this asked many times on here with no sure answer, and was wondering the same myself as I didn't want to DHL 8 sheets of paper for $120 if not needed.. I called the embassy on this and who I spoke with literally said "I don't know" and to email the IV section and ask. 

So the IV section confirmed this?  Absolutely, positively?  Swear on a stack of Bibles?  Honest and for true?

I'll be there personally so I'll have my wet signature with me but I'd just hate to get held up on a technicality if some consular officer says, 'We need the actual signature'.  I don't want you to have to spend $120 either though isn't there just 1 page with a signature?  So maybe $15 instead?  😄

I thought of you Tasty when I received this info but figured you would be having the original since you were going to be at the interview, but yes absolutely positive wet not required. The "checklist" does say original is required however, but I'm guessing this is old and not updated.

On the other hand, should we be worried we haven't received an email from the embassy yet? Our case left on 6/11 and arrived 6/14 and 6/17 updated to ready. We scheduled interview for July 5, this is three weeks after case arrived. Everybody else I am seeing got an email within a few days of case arriving. Should I call embassy to confirm interview?

@Shiran

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Trapper99 said:

On the other hand, should we be worried we haven't received an email from the embassy yet? Our case left on 6/11 and arrived 6/14 and 6/17 updated to ready. We scheduled interview for July 5, this is three weeks after case arrived. Everybody else I am seeing got an email within a few days of case arriving. Should I call embassy to confirm interview?

I would not be waiting on any e-mails from Embassy.  Did either of you submit the e-mail address to AskNVC? Beneficiary can call and confirm  that they are ready, no harm in that. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 hours ago, Trapper99 said:

I thought of you Tasty when I received this info but figured you would be having the original since you were going to be at the interview, but yes absolutely positive wet not required. The "checklist" does say original is required however, but I'm guessing this is old and not updated.

@Shiran

Sorry, Trapper.  I never got an email telling me you replied to my earlier comment.  I just stumbled on this by chance.  Been busy planning for my trip, etc.

Like Shiran, I would have asked if you updated your email at the NVC.  If not, that may explain why you didn't get anything from the embassy.  However, fear nothing.  The email is about as much help as a bad case of acne.  I already was on top of everything it pointed out.  It looks like you are ready to go.  T-minus  5 days for you.  7/8 days for me.  🙂 

Thank you for the responses guys!! I received the email early this morning so looks like all set to go this week! She travels to Kyiv tomorrow for medical on Wed and interview on Friday!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Pulling for you!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.