cmaster

Mom's Year of Birth Mistake

5 posts in this topic

I discovered my Mom's year of birth is 1 year before (60's and not 61). But I have previously filled ds 160 form before (tourist visa) and got approved 2years, and also ds 160 visa (K1 visa) got approved, and also i-129f (parent information her year of birth 61's),  but about to fill for Adjustment of status (which parent's information will still also be required.  Recently, while discussing with her, that I want her to attend our official wedding ceremony in the U.S in the future, I discovered that I have been filling her year of birth incorretly (61's). But She has not applied for an International Passport before in my home country. Should we therefore stick to her incorrect year of birth (e.g 01-01-1961) or we should start filling her correct year of birth (01-01-1960) starting from my AOS? And while I will also apply for i-485 (adjustment of status) Should I maintain the incorrect year of birth in my A0S or I should start changing it from there. our official wedding date is not near, still far in the future.  And when she will be applying for international passport, what year of birth is adviced to be used 60's or 61's. Thanks in advance

Edited by cmaster
gramer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Never lie

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For your mom's passport application, use the correct date of birth as reflected on her birth certificate. When she applies for the B2 visa she must also put the correct date of birth as would be reflected on her passport.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For your stuff, on the next form you have to fill, if asked for your mom's DOB put the correct one. If anybody notices the discrepancy, provide a letter explaining the difference and attach a copy of your mom's birth certificate. But I doubt anyone would really care as it is not your mother who's adjusting status. 

12 hours ago, apple21 said:

For your mom's passport application, use the correct date of birth as reflected on her birth certificate. When she applies for the B2 visa she must also put the correct date of birth as would be reflected on her passport.

12 hours ago, apple21 said:

For your stuff, on the next form you have to fill, if asked for your mom's DOB put the correct one. If anybody notices the discrepancy, provide a letter explaining the difference and attach a copy of your mom's birth certificate. But I doubt anyone would really care as it is not your mother who's adjusting status. 

Thank you Apple21. Thats a very helpful informations. Now am relaxed. Thank you very much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.