lilaznboy12

New packet 3 for Bangkok

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi I wanted to know if anyone process the new packet recently? I noticed on the packet 3 it states to email the DS-2001, DS160 and GSS.

in the DS-2001 form it also states that the payment slip have to be sent to the consulate. When they mean sent, does that mean email or snail mail?

any pointers for this process?

thanks

Edited by lilaznboy12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I did all my paperwork online at the ceac website. Uploaded all the documents to their site. Never submitted DS2001. DS-260 was uploaded online for me since I am doing a CR-1. I filled out the GSS a few days ago for passport address registration. Just got the interview letter yesterday via email

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

CR-1 is different since they have to upload docs at an NVC stage through CEAC.

For K1 visas this is done through the embassy and there is no docs upload at the NVC stage.

the specific question is valid, the updated June instructions require just to email 3 forms and everything else to be presented now in person during the interview stage. This is to move away from the old packet 3 which required everything to be mailed before an in-person interview appointment wa assigned.

Since we will be the first ones completing this new process, I will just submit everything in email and then include a question if they want proof of payment also in email or just bring that too to the in-person interview.

this will help to clarify and I would also recommend helping the embassy staff by pointing out this grey area, since the payment processing instruction still refers to the old "mail it by the post" process.

I hope this helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.