VanillaCats

Flying tomorrow

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just applied for the transit visa and it was 7 dollars. Was approved. Was very stressful because I didn’t know I needed a visa for a connecting flight! Thanks all! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

@VanillaCatsMost assuredly it is an issue with the Air Transat website.  Upon check in tomorrow ask them about it...I would ask them to credit your VISA for the $7.  See what they say; it never hurts to just ask!!! Safe, enjoyable travels tomorrow, to join and  be with your future spouse, y Bienvenidos a Las Estados Unidos!

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, VanillaCats said:

I just applied for the transit visa and it was 7 dollars. Was approved. Was very stressful because I didn’t know I needed a visa for a connecting flight! Thanks all! 

That's great! You don't have to worry about the ETA for the next 5 years unless your current passport expires or if you still don't have a US passport.

7 hours ago, MXcompadre said:

@VanillaCatsMost assuredly it is an issue with the Air Transat website.  Upon check in tomorrow ask them about it...I would ask them to credit your VISA for the $7.  See what they say; it never hurts to just ask!!!

eTA is required for OP. Air Transat is correct according to Canadian Immigration: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

What document are you travelling with? passport

Select the country code that matches the one on your passport. GBR (UK - British Citizen)

Are you a dual Canadian citizen? No

If you fly to or transit through a Canadian airport

You need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). You don’t need a visitor visa.

8 hours ago, HRQX said:

eTA is required for OP. Air Transat is correct according to Canadian Immigration: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

What document are you travelling with? passport

Select the country code that matches the one on your passport. GBR (UK - British Citizen)

Are you a dual Canadian citizen? No

This is correct you do need the visa to transit through Canada if you are UK citizen travelling on a British passport.  I did a similar thing last year and got caught out at the check in desk, they (Air Canada) wouldn't allow me to check in.  I applied for the visa on my phone whilst at the airport, went back to the counter when it came though (almost immediate) and was able to check in. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.