KennethBk

Ds 160 and appointment confirmation

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone, I’m new here so I’m not sure how it works. I just scheduled my appointment but I noticed that the appointment confirmation page has no ds 160 confirmation number only the UID number. Is this normal? Thanks 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, ktk said:

Hi everyone, I’m new here so I’m not sure how it works. I just scheduled my appointment but I noticed that the appointment confirmation page has no ds 160 confirmation number only the UID number. Is this normal? Thanks 

The appointment confirmation is different from the ds160 confirmation page. So, I don’t think they need to have same barcode 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mira T said:

The appointment confirmation is different from the ds160 confirmation page. So, I don’t think they need to have same barcode 

I know but I mean does it show two barcodes at the bottom or just the UID one 

9F473562-AA0E-40F6-A5EB-A8D62A6FA1F1.jpeg

Just now, ktk said:

It seems your DS160 number is not linked to your appointment confirmation. According to the consulate, "You are to ensure that the DS-160 confirmation number on the DS-160 confirmation page matches with the DS-160 number on the appointment confirmation letters. Any changes to the profiles must be made at least 3 working days prior to the scheduled appointment day. It is important that the most recent DS-160 confirmation code matches the DS-160 code on the appointment letter on the day of your appointment. You will be turned back at the Consulate/Embassy if their DS-160 numbers do not match."

Just send an email to the support@ustraveldocs.com giving your name, DOB, and passport number and telling them you want to update your profile with your DS-160 confirmation number.  

I did that and I was sent another confirmation with both the DS-160 confirmation number on it and the UID number.

20 minutes ago, Mira T said:

Ok, I think he’s right. I never saw anything like that when I had my interview. 

32455A84-68BE-4693-878C-FEF4DF09E4BE.jpeg

8297F5E5-593B-497B-9637-34E0AF5C3044.jpeg

By you post, this change must have taken place pretty recently.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had the exact the same issue when booking my fiance interview.  i called the call center representative and they fix it for me. They made sure that the DS-160 match with the interview receipt. Its very important that your DS-160 number is in your interview form. here's their information below.  You might get better luck with the US number if the petitioner call. 

Callers in Nigeria: +23412278955

Callers in the US:  +17035202575

• 7 months later...
On 6/12/2019 at 3:53 PM, Omoge Afo said:

I had the exact the same issue when booking my fiance interview.  i called the call center representative and they fix it for me. They made sure that the DS-160 match with the interview receipt. Its very important that your DS-160 number is in your interview form. here's their information below.  You might get better luck with the US number if the petitioner call. 

Callers in Nigeria: +23412278955

Callers in the US:  +17035202575

This was excellent information! We just discovered that the appointment confirmation letter didn't have the ds-160 confirmation number on it at all. I called the U.S. number you shared and the representative was able to correct the issue on my fiance's application in minutes. She then emailed up the correct letter. Thank you so much for sharing. You saved us a lot of frustration. Be Blessed!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My apology to the late reply, i am glad i can be of help, the process can be so frustrating. Feel free to reach out for further assistance.  

On 1/15/2020 at 7:28 AM, kaigem said:

This was excellent information! We just discovered that the appointment confirmation letter didn't have the ds-160 confirmation number on it at all. I called the U.S. number you shared and the representative was able to correct the issue on my fiance's application in minutes. She then emailed up the correct letter. Thank you so much for sharing. You saved us a lot of frustration. Be Blessed!

My apology to the late reply, i am glad i can be of help, the process can be so frustrating. Feel free to reach out for further assistance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.