minha_raposa

Thousands Protest Immigration Bills

373 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
tengo un gato en mis pantalones?

Soz...I have to do it....there isn't much call for this picture on a daily basis, so gotta use it when I can....

pantalones.jpg <----------- ????

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cat in my trousers???

Only on a good day

meeeeeooooow

damn straight merc., especially if it is a painted cat :whistle:

Are you talking about the brownification of felines!

yeap..a cat blumpkin

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

cat in my trousers???

Only on a good day

meeeeeooooow

yeap..a cat blumpkin

The blumpkin resurfaces.....

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

cat in my trousers???

Only on a good day

meeeeeooooow

yeap..a cat blumpkin

thought it was a good time merc...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Timeline

cat in my trousers???

Only on a good day

meeeeeooooow

yeap..a cat blumpkin

thought it was a good time merc...

Always a good time for a blumpkin

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

and if out in rural area..a country blumpkin

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

Timeline
and if out in rural area..a country blumpkin

:lol:

Well played my friend, well played.

3/23/06 Visa Approved

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm a little surprised at the lack of compassion here. I'm in favor of doing things by the book, but how many of us have been in such dire circumstances that we could even understand what these people go through?

The people that come here illegally are probably not affluent in their country. Perhaps we should do more work to make these countries more economically viable so people won't have to leave. Poverty is the issue.

The U.S sends millions of dollars to other countries every year, some of these countries who are not too fond of us. There are millions of people here in the U.S working their butts off and still cannot afford to put food on the table or food on their kids backs. I personally know what it's like to be down and out and not know how the heck I was going to feed my kids or get gas money to get too work, and even though I managed to put myself through nursing school, we still don't have a lot of those "extras" in life. I'm am not completely against in the U.S helping other countries, I just think taking care of it's own citizens before others.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The U.S sends millions of dollars to other countries every year, some of these countries who are not too fond of us. There are millions of people here in the U.S working their butts off and still cannot afford to put food on the table or food on their kids backs.

:lol: I do realize your post was intended to be serious but I have to thank you for the typo. I had a rough day today and was browsing through this and burst out laughing when I thought of people trying to put food on their kids backs. :lol:

July 12, 2002 - Married

I130

May 18, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

May 20, 2005 - Received Date

June 2, 2005 - Notice Date

June 6, 2005 - Received NOA1

September 10, 2005No action to date

December 1, 2005 -Approved

I129

August 25, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

August 26, 2005 - USPS tracking shows Delivered, August 26, 2005, 1:54 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

September 7, 2005 - "touched" I think

September 12, 2005 - Received NOA1 showing receipt date of August 30, 2005

October 17, 2005 - APPROVED!!!

November 27, 2005 - Received by NVC

November 3, 2005 - RFE received from Consulate

November 18, 2005 - RFE delivered to Consulate

November 28, 2005 - Instructions received

December 6, 2005 - Medical Appt Much confusion and lack of communication by Physicians caused much delay :(

March 23 - Checklist received

May 12 - Packet 4 received

June 1 - Interview

June 1 - APPROVED!!!!!

June 7 - Steve Arrived home

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I'm a little surprised at the lack of compassion here. I'm in favor of doing things by the book, but how many of us have been in such dire circumstances that we could even understand what these people go through?

The people that come here illegally are probably not affluent in their country. Perhaps we should do more work to make these countries more economically viable so people won't have to leave. Poverty is the issue.

The U.S sends millions of dollars to other countries every year, some of these countries who are not too fond of us. There are millions of people here in the U.S working their butts off and still cannot afford to put food on the table or food on their kids backs. I personally know what it's like to be down and out and not know how the heck I was going to feed my kids or get gas money to get too work, and even though I managed to put myself through nursing school, we still don't have a lot of those "extras" in life. I'm am not completely against in the U.S helping other countries, I just think taking care of it's own citizens before others.

Let me just add this aspect to the conversation...when I got back from Mexico this past trip, I had 3 maxed out credit cards, less than $5 in my checking account, and no job. But I never once wondered whether or not I'd be able to find a job or eat my next meal. I can guarantee you that even with almost nothing left to my name, I was better off than a lot of the families I saw in Mexico. There are always jobs and there's always food. If I hadn't found the job I did, what the heck, I could've gone to work at McD's and gotten a free meal a day. No, it's not glamorous work, but it would have kept me fed and afloat. I can tell you right now that Javier would never get such a job in Mexico. McD's would be a glamor job and would more than likely require some education. Opportunities are not there. No matter how much we want to close our eyes and think they are.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

I don't disagree.....for me I think it is different because I am able to put faces and stories behind the words illegal immigrant.

I've seen people work for next to nothing....live in the equivalent of a box, sending money back home to support their family......all the while being grateful and not complaining. It's easy to label them as criminals, but that word has connotations that I don't think accurately reflect their true character. In the truest sense, yes laws were broken....I understand that.

Those summers I worked on the farm with some illegal immigrants was a lesson in life and sacrifice that I will not soon forget. I learned an appreciation of what we have here and how fortunate we really are. The people I worked with loved their country and would prefer not to have to do things this way but felt there were no choices at their disposal. Some risked death for these jobs.......not many of us can say we've been in that situation or would have the courage to do the same.

This issue is very complicated and there are very valid arguments to be made. My only point is that when we are forming these opinions and making our judgements.....let's keep in mind the entire picture and not be too quick and indiscriminate in our conclusions.

3/23/06 Visa Approved

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Merc, that is exactly how I feel about illegal immigration. I know it's wrong but I can understand it, and I don't hate those who do it, because I realize that in most cases, they were out of options.

By the way, I support the immigration reform because it may make it easier and shorter for Javier to get his Visa. It still won't be instant as if he were normal, but we may only have to file one Waiver and wait only a few months-that is, if we get past the Advisory Opinion.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline
Merc, that is exactly how I feel about illegal immigration. I know it's wrong but I can understand it, and I don't hate those who do it, because I realize that in most cases, they were out of options.

:thumbs:

I think there is a greater sensitivity here because of the whole visa process that we have to go through and I totally understand that. People feel like they are being cheated by having to go through this process and waiting while others enter illegally.

I have experiences that change my perspective and I don't really expect people to understand that either but I feel like I have to at least share it.

No easy answers for sure......as evident by the debate and valid points on both sides. This is really a tough one.

3/23/06 Visa Approved

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

I'm not one to jump into political threads, or even ones with *touchy* topics. But I am so angry by what's going on in my neighborhood that I have to say something.

I live in California... Southern California to be exact. Our state is going to sh*t. If I discuss this openly, I run the risk of being called a "racist". Funny thing is, my sister-in-law is from Mexico. She came here legally and has followed all "the rules". She works legally, and she's ticked off too.

I am not a racist. I do not hate mexicans.

I just don't find it at all fair, that rules apply one place and not another. If we're going to make it ok for every illegal to stay here in California, work, get driver's licenses, etc. then I should be able to do the same in any other country. YES, I'm going to ask that we abolish visas and immigration laws completely! Why have rules? I should be able to go to Canada next weekend to join my husband. Demand a job without a permit, and get a driver's license. I also want them to take care of me, give me free medical, and fun stuff like that.

I have no objection to people wanting a better life. But rules are not rules if they don't apply to everyone. California is supposed to accept every illegal alien from Mexico with open arms, yet Mexico themselves deport Guatamalens all day. (Actually, the US pays for their deportation; we figure it'll save us money because most of them are just using Mexico as their expressway to get to the US). If we deport, we're racists... so why don't they accept the Guatamalens based on that theory with open arms too?

We have a country that was attacked in 2001. We have Al Queda's living in Mexico, learning the language, blending in - because they know how damn ez it is to come here.

We have banks in So. Cal handing out mexican flag souveniers to get new customers, allowing Matricula Consular cards as formal ID to open accounts. No SS# needed.

My best friend is a science teacher in the LA school district. He loves to teach. His kids love him too. His students walked out Friday, didn't come in Monday, were locked in on Tuesday (only half there). Why? Most of the kids interviewed DIDN'T KNOW WHY they were protesting. The saw it on myspace, it prolly sounded like a fun day off from school. Anyone want to take a guess at how much it cost the State to pay all the teachers for those days?

Again, rules for one group of people, but not for another. I'm sick of it. Go ahead and tell me how much i suck. I don't care.

i agree. abolish all immigration laws everywhere in the world and just let people live, love laugh and be happy. let the governments spend thier resources on passing out new id's and taking photos. sure, bar the terror-types and the real criminal bad-asses but, let the others come and go freely. amen.