Jump to content
AtlanticOceanLove

Preliminary Questions

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I've been reading the forum for the past two weeks and I'm thankful I ran into this site for guidance on the K1 Visa. I want to ask a few preliminary questions.

 

  • i129F Form:
    • For employment end date ~ We are both currently working at our jobs. Do we leave that blank? Do I handwrite "present" as it won't allow me to write anything but numbers?
    • Parent's information ~ My father was never in my life. Will placing "NA" in that section suffice?
    • States you've resided since 18th birthday ~ I lived in Connecticut while I was away in college. Do I add that as an address? If so, the form only allows me two states. Thoughts on how I should complete that?
    • I've been reading conflicting responses regarding proof of citizenship:
      • I have my passport and will expire in 2022 and I read that if the passport isn't valid for a minimum of 5 years that I must include my birth certificate as well. Will my passport suffice? Do I need to provide both U.S. birth certificate AND passport?

 

Thank you all for your help and guidance. I will continue doing research and I'm sure I have more questions.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only one form of citizenship proof is required - passport or birth certificate. Choose one to send. 

 

Regarding your father, you only leave that part blank if your father’s name is completely unknown to you, is not on your birth certificate, etc. If his name is known, you must include it. Even if you’ve never met him. It’s not for us to decide which information is important to USCIS or not. 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AtlanticOceanLove said:

Hello,

 

I've been reading the forum for the past two weeks and I'm thankful I ran into this site for guidance on the K1 Visa. I want to ask a few preliminary questions.

 

  • i129F Form:
    • For employment end date ~ We are both currently working at our jobs. Do we leave that blank? Do I handwrite "present" as it won't allow me to write anything but numbers?

yes, you can write in present or leave it blank

 

27 minutes ago, AtlanticOceanLove said:
    • Parent's information ~ My father was never in my life. Will placing "NA" in that section suffice?

put the information you know. for other information you can handwrite unknown. explain on an additional piece of paper (brief explanation, life story is not needed

 

27 minutes ago, AtlanticOceanLove said:
    • States you've resided since 18th birthday ~ I lived in Connecticut while I was away in college. Do I add that as an address? If so, the form only allows me two states. Thoughts on how I should complete that?

if you lived there, place the information on an additional piece of paper

27 minutes ago, AtlanticOceanLove said:
    • I've been reading conflicting responses regarding proof of citizenship:
      • I have my passport and will expire in 2022 and I read that if the passport isn't valid for a minimum of 5 years that I must include my birth certificate as well. Will my passport suffice? Do I need to provide both U.S. birth certificate AND passport?

either/or/both. i submitted both because I had them. Only one is required.

 


i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 131

04/19/2019    Rec'd appointment letter for biometrics

05/02/2019    Biometrics

05/15/2019    Submitted initial request for EAD expedite 5/22 faxed info

06/05/2019    EAD APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!  06/06/2019    AP Approval

06/13/2019    Combo Card Received in Mail

06/19/2019    Social Security Card received in mail

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...