Usaph

Hongkong clearance time table

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Usaph said:

hi! may i know the timeline of anyone from Canada who obtained a police clearance from Hongkong through mail. how did you send it and how long is the process? TIA!

If you live in Toronto, you can go to Gino international. Took me 1.5 months from sending to receiving the receipt from HK

Timeline

Here is the link if you want relatives or friends to do it for you in HK. It will be faster. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/HongKong.html

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Usaph said:

@Kartinee23 hi! do you already have to receipt when you took your interview in Montreal?

Hi! I got my receipt April requested it mid February. Had to upload it to CEAC account since I cant upload the HKPCC. I was told they sent it to Montreal so maybe it is there months ago but I have no proof or assurance that it is there waiting for me. I called both HK police and canada post but theh cant give me update. All I have is the receipt. I’m CR1 so I dont know if my visa process is same as yours. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Usaph said:

@Kartinee23 oh wow that long? i already sent mine thru mail. did you send yours thru xpress or ordinary mail?

Yes. I did not want to bother my friends in HK to secure one for me so just used an agent. It might be faster for you.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Usaph said:

@Kartinee23 after having the receipt by April, when did you have your interview? did they issue you a visa right away or how long did you wait for the visa?

I’m still waiting for interview date. I just got case complete June 3. Got stuck at NVC stage for over 2 months. 2 rfes because the lawyer did not do her job lol! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

I’m still waiting for interview date. I just got case complete June 3. Got stuck at NVC stage for over 2 months. 2 rfes because the lawyer did not do her job lol! 

:ot:2 RFEs sounds like 2 RFEs too many if you are paying a lawyer to take care of this matter. Sorry, but it begs me to ask the question: Did you pay second-class money for the second-class service? You should be seeking for redress in some of the fees charged by the attorney.;)

Edited by Pitaya (火龙果)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
Just now, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

2 RFEs sounds like 2 RFEs too many if you are paying a lawyer to take care of this matter. Sorry, but it begs me to ask the question: Did you pay second-class money for the second-class service? You should be seeking for redress in some of the fees charged by the attorney.;)

No. We paid $$$$ lol! Please dont ask me. I’m trying to forget that lawyer lmao! My husband paid full two times. So $$$$ for I-130 stage, and $$$$ for NVC stage. when we got the letter that our petition was approved, my husband paid the NVC stage immediately last December. We got the case number February 16. We sent the lawyer ALL documents except police clearances that I need to secure. We submitted everything when I got all my PCCs April 1. She had 1.5 months to review financial documents before they submitted everything but she did not review it that’s why we got RFE #1. Multiple file. I was so mad that time but did not confront her. But In my mind I said, if she is an immigration lawyer she should know this simple instruction! we waited again for 3wks 1day only to get another rfe! Now they are asking all W2s in the tax return submitted. This time I really emailed her and told her how i am not happy with their sevice! We asked her about the filing jointly months ago before even receiving our case number and she said no need for the other W2 (My husband made more than enough in 2018 but he just started in his new job that time we had to submit docs at CEAC so to be safe we added a JS. The JS files jointly so there are two names in her tax return/transcript).

I found VJ  very late so I dont really know before about what we are waiting for or what are the next steps. 

When I messaged her about my disappointment, she replied me with a novel-like e-mail and the summary is blaming me for going online to check our CEAC account and calling NVC and blaming NVC with their whims! I dont think it was NVC’s fault. It was her negligence! Btw, I have to check our CEAC because when they asked me to fill up the DS260, I didnt know I can do it straight online! They gave me a DS260 form with their logo and i filled it up and sent it back to them only to be told to go online and check what they typed in there! Like what? I could have just filled it up straight online if I knew! So I went to check and there were multiple mistakes with dates, spellings, etc. She even told us after 2 rfes not to call NVC and let them (lawyer) handle it! How can we let them handle it if they dont even check on us or update us on what is happening? When we got rfes and when our petition got approved, we are the first to tell them of updates even if they added their email in our account. And every time we inform them about any change/s in our account, they will reply “oh I have that, oh i know i got that”! What the? You know we got approved and wont even tell us if we did not mention to you? 

After the second rfe and her novel e-mail to me, I never talked to her again and just uploaded and wrote notes on our own. Thank God we got CC finally! 

We paid the lawyer to delay us twice 🤣🤣🤣

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

No. We paid $$$$ lol! Please dont ask me. I’m trying to forget that lawyer lmao! My husband paid full two times. So $$$$ for I-130 stage, and $$$$ for NVC stage. when we got the letter that our petition was approved, my husband paid the NVC stage immediately last December.

After the second rfe and her novel e-mail to me, I never talked to her again and just uploaded and wrote notes on our own. Thank God we got CC finally! 

We paid the lawyer to delay us twice 🤣🤣🤣

Well it doesn't sound like you will be employing her services for the remainder of your immigration journey.. :thumbs: 

Good luck....

Timeline

Hopefully you will enjoy hospitable weather in Montreal when your interview comes up. We had our interview in Guangzhou in late June, too hot, too humid.:o

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

Hopefully you will enjoy hospitable weather in Montreal when your interview comes up. We had our interview in Guangzhou in late June, too hot, too humid.:o

I know! I think waiting in line during summer is better than winter. I’ve read people waiting outside while snowing. ☃️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.