calbrecht

MNL to US flights

24 posts in this topic

Make sure you leave plenty of time for the LAX connection incase immigration takes too long or the incoming flight is late.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

7 hours ago, payxibka said:

Gotcha,  I would do that if flying alone without any checked bags.  Flying with the wife would be an impossibility with just carryons.  I'm interested in seeing how delta will price the new MSP - Incheon flights as that is the fastest way to cebu 

Delta is flying directly to Incheon? Or about to? and Delta is going to fly into Cebu?

I have done the DFW to Manila, which as a awesome route, but I had to get on Korean Air in Dallas and fly it to Incheon and then onto Manila,  I would take it again.  But I booked it on Delta Air lines website since I am frequent flyer with them and use one of their American Express Credit cards

I have been rather impressed by Delta the last few years I have been flying them to the Philippines

Edited by Falcon Cara

ChickBoy

3 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Make sure you leave plenty of time for the LAX connection incase immigration takes too long or the incoming flight is late.

Agreed,

Last time I flew into LAX about 10 years I vowed I would never set foot inside that place, it is a jungle and a zoo.  I hate the airport it is so crowded.

ChickBoy

6 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

It's how i roll. Book two separate tickets and it saves near 300 buckaroos. Never had a problem. 

You have been lucky or you haven't made many trips to the Philippines.

I have been going there since 2007 and probably close to 20 trips, I always book directly thru airlines and make sure I am on the same airline or a ride share partner just in case flight gets cancelled or delayed.

That way they will put you up in hotel and get you on the next flight to your destination.

ChickBoy

12 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

Delta is flying directly to Incheon? Or about to? and Delta is going to fly into Cebu?

I have done the DFW to Manila, which as a awesome route, but I had to get on Korean Air in Dallas and fly it to Incheon and then onto Manila,  I would take it again.  But I booked it on Delta Air lines website since I am frequent flyer with them and use one of their American Express Credit cards

I have been rather impressed by Delta the last few years I have been flying them to the Philippines

Delta has been flying to Incheon for quite some time from other airports (e.x. DTW) for several years now with the A350-900, however the flight to Cebu is on Korean Air their joint venture partner, KE631 to Cebu KE632 from Cebu to Incheon.

Delta is likely about to stop flying into Manila from Tokyo however as they are trying to move to Haneda instead of Narita.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

Started April 15, MSP-INC.  Introduction prices were decent but time will tell.  KAL is the flight to cebu.   Rumor has it that somebody is planning a direct ceb to US mainland flight but I haven't heard who or when

YMMV

7 minutes ago, suss6052 said:

Delta is likely about to stop flying into Manila from Tokyo however as they are trying to move to Haneda instead of Narita.

I was a big fan of Narita and the gate Delta used there, there was a MacDonalds close to the gate and I could get the shrimp burger there, which was interesting to eat.

Never been or even heard of Haneda Airport, I guess if they move I will get to see it soon

ChickBoy

5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Started April 15, MSP-INC.  Introduction prices were decent but time will tell.  KAL is the flight to cebu.   Rumor has it that somebody is planning a direct ceb to US mainland flight but I haven't heard who or when

Cebu to mainland would probably be going to LAX and probably be Cebu Pacific would be my guess if it happens.

I fly out of Dallas, and usually fly Delta and have a layover in either Atlanta or Minnesota and onto Japan and then Philippines, I fly off season usually in October and March or April and pay around $900 round trip, I did do the Korean Air from Dallas to Incheon onto Manila back in October and it was about $100 cheaper then flying Delta, and I booked Korean air on Delta website using my  Delta skynumber.   This maybe my new route

ChickBoy

4 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

I was a big fan of Narita and the gate Delta used there, there was a MacDonalds close to the gate and I could get the shrimp burger there, which was interesting to eat.

Never been or even heard of Haneda Airport, I guess if they move I will get to see it soon

I've never been to Tokyo in any shape or form, but people are saying Haneda is closer to the city proper than Narita is making it more convenient to some if that's their final destination. It hasn't been announced officially, but by shifting some of the frequencies that used to fly to Narita and adding new ones in time for the 2020 Olympics when they were awarded nearly all of their new daytime slot requests for Haneda it sure seems like they are working on moving out of Narita entirely, as without the incoming flights from the states the flights from Narita to Singapore and Manila are likely to be canceled. It seems like they are leaving the former Northwest Airlines hub and trying to move to the other air port.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.