4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long does it take to see a status change after the biometrics appointment? Also is there any other updates via phone/email on when the EAD/AP card is sent? Or is it now just wait on the mail. 

Thanks in advance!!!

EAD 6.5 to 8.5 months from application currently.

AP 6 to 8.

They come on a combo card so you will wait for the slower of the two to be approved to actually get the card.

If you signed up for the two USCIS case tracker websites you will be notified by one of them of any updates.

The only updates you will get is for RFE or approval and that will come at the end of the process for EAD or AP.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife and her daughter's status changed about 2 weeks after their biometrics appointment in August 2018.  You won't get a letter saying your biometrics were approved, but the USCIS should update your AOS online status to "Ready to Schedule Interview."  After NOA1 and your biometrics letters (and assuming no RFE), you won't get another letter until USCIS schedules your interview.  The website status should change to "Interview Scheduled."  Your EAD and AP website status should also update when approved and mailed.

I say these online statuses "should" change, but there is a chance it won't.  My stepson is adjusting status separately from his mother because he followed 6 months later.  He had biometrics in February and again in May, but no status change online for his AOS, EAD, or AP since NOA1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My packet was received on March 26, 2019.

Timelines vary but my biometrics appointment was on April 24, 2019.

status changed to “interview ready to be scheduled” on May 14th

status changed to “interview scheduled” on June 6th.

Edited by Dillpickle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.