PP_2016

I-751 June 2019 Filers

1,144 posts in this topic

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well we received this notice after waiting nearly 600 days for an interview.  "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed."  However, there was no interview other than an info pass appointment in March for a passport stamp.  Any idea what is the meaning of this message?

Timeline
On 4/9/2021 at 8:36 PM, seablock said:

Well we received this notice after waiting nearly 600 days for an interview.  "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed."  However, there was no interview other than an info pass appointment in March for a passport stamp.  Any idea what is the meaning of this message?

Well things moved fast from "interview completed" with no interview ever scheduled to today " Case Was Approved."  A long journey.  How many days until the greeen card is sent out?

14 minutes ago, seablock said:
Well things moved fast from "interview completed" with no interview ever scheduled to today " Case Was Approved."  A long journey.  How many days until the greeen card is sent out?

Apparently, they are reverting to the Pre Trump Era,  which is good. It will definitely reduce the backlogs e.t.c

2 hours ago, seablock said:

Congratulations!!! 🎈🎈🎈 that's awesome news!! Thanks for the update!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Its never over until the fat lady sings.  We filed a I-751 in June of 0219 and a N0400 in July of 2020.  An interview was scheduled for N-400 on April 8 which we postponed.   On April 9 we received notice that the USCIS had approved the I-751 without an interview.  The notice however stated, "Our records also indicate that we have approved your Form N-400."  "Because we also approved your N-400, you will not receive a new"  green card.  However, a week later a notice of interview for N-400 arrived for May 18.  We called in to see what the deal was and are waiting for a tier 3 callback.   The two notices are in conflict with each other.  Meanwhile yesterday while entering the USA with the infopass stamp and expired green card, we were send to the Miami secondary at 6 am and forced to wait in an empty office while the two on duty  USCIS officers took their sweet time to call my wife up to ask a few inane questions all because of their failure to timely process her I-751.  Just horrible how the wives of U.S. citizens are treated.

IMG_2483.jpg

7 minutes ago, seablock said:

Its never over until the fat lady sings.  We filed a I-751 in June of 0219 and a N0400 in July of 2020.  An interview was scheduled for N-400 on April 8 which we postponed.   On April 9 we received notice that the USCIS had approved the I-751 without an interview.  The notice however stated, "Our records also indicate that we have approved your Form N-400."  "Because we also approved your N-400, you will not receive a new"  green card.  However, a week later a notice of interview for N-400 arrived for May 18.  We called in to see what the deal was and are waiting for a tier 3 callback.   The two notices are in conflict with each other.  Meanwhile yesterday while entering the USA with the infopass stamp and expired green card, we were send to the Miami secondary at 6 am and forced to wait in an empty office while the two on duty  USCIS officers took their sweet time to call my wife up to ask a few inane questions all because of their failure to timely process her I-751.  Just horrible how the wives of U.S. citizens are treated.

IMG_2483.jpg

Sorry you had to go thru the stress at customs. I just came back from Europe 2 days ago with an infopass.. the officer sent me to a different room and there they took my passport and ask me to sit. After a few min they called my name and  just gave me my passport and I was done. 

I'm sure you'll be fine and you won't need to attend an interview.  Seems like the I751 and n400 are completely 2 different departments and not really seamlessly synchronized.  

I filled I751 in july 2019 - NYC. Still waiting for an interview date, hopefully they waive it. 

CONGRATS!! 🥳🥳🥳🎈

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Hannah_NYC said:

Sorry you had to go thru the stress at customs. I just came back from Europe 2 days ago with an infopass.. the officer sent me to a different room and there they took my passport and ask me to sit. After a few min they called my name and  just gave me my passport and I was done. 

I'm sure you'll be fine and you won't need to attend an interview.  Seems like the I751 and n400 are completely 2 different departments and not really seamlessly synchronized.  

I filled I751 in july 2019 - NYC. Still waiting for an interview date, hopefully they waive it. 

CONGRATS!! 🥳🥳🥳🎈

Thanks and probably they will waive your interview.   For us, the green card interview (I-751) is waived for sure.  But the approval notice indicates that the citizenship application (N-400) was approved as well.  But a separate notices says interview on the 18th of May.  Meanwhile we are in limbo with the addit stamp in the passport which now appears to require a visit to secondary immigration each time you enter the USA.   

22 hours ago, seablock said:

Thanks and probably they will waive your interview.   For us, the green card interview (I-751) is waived for sure.  But the approval notice indicates that the citizenship application (N-400) was approved as well.  But a separate notices says interview on the 18th of May.  Meanwhile we are in limbo with the addit stamp in the passport which now appears to require a visit to secondary immigration each time you enter the USA.   

I think they made a mistake sending that letter. In order to approve N-400 you have to be interviewed. That is why they sent you an interview letter later on. As far as I know they do not waive N-400 interviews.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

After being stuck on the "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" forever, I filed my N-400 last October, and got called in for my naturalization interview late last month. I had my combo interview yesterday, and will be taking my oath today! It's been a journey for sure. In a way, not needing or having to travel during the pandemic made the long wait more bearable, but glad to be done. Good luck to those still waiting, it takes time but you will get there! 

Spoiler

Petition for Alien Relative (I-130):

I-130 NOA1 :    2016-10-17
I-130 Approved :    2017-02-22
Received at NVC :    2017-03-10
IV Package sent :    2017-04-11

Checklist :    2017-06-14 (Police report from third country)

Checklist Document sent :    2017-07-26
Case Transferred to Consulate from NVC :    2017-08-23 (After expedite request)
Interview Date :    2017-09-05 (Approved)

Visa Issue and pick-up date: 2017-09-06

POE: 2017-09-08

Card being produced: 2017-11-27

Removal of Conditions:

I-751 Received at Dallas: 2019-06-13

I-751 NOA (Potomac Center): 2019-06-21

Biometrics appointment notice: 2019-10-04

Biometrics appointment: 2019-10-24

Interview scheduled: 2021-01-05 (Canceled after request due to out-of-state and COVID travel restrictions)

Naturatlization:

N400 Online filing date: 2020-10-01

N400 NOA: 2020-10-01

Biometrics reuse notice: 2021-01-13

N400 Interview Notice: 2021-04-19

N400/I751 Combo Interview: 2021-05-27

N400 Oath: 2021-05-28

11 hours ago, ameise said:

After being stuck on the "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" forever, I filed my N-400 last October, and got called in for my naturalization interview late last month. I had my combo interview yesterday, and will be taking my oath today! It's been a journey for sure. In a way, not needing or having to travel during the pandemic made the long wait more bearable, but glad to be done. Good luck to those still waiting, it takes time but you will get there! 

Congrats to you! We just received an online notification today stating that our I-751 interview has been scheduled. Filed N400 on the 8th of April, 2021 so we are guessing it's just going to be the I-751. 

2 hours ago, YvonneMark said:

Congrats to you! We just received an online notification today stating that our I-751 interview has been scheduled. Filed N400 on the 8th of April, 2021 so we are guessing it's just going to be the I-751. 

Congratulations on your interview.  Was you case tranferred in National benefits center? 

34 minutes ago, stformummy said:

Congratulations on your interview.  Was you case tranferred in National benefits center? 

Yes. Transferred to NBC, then ready to be scheduled, and now scheduled.

Timeline

As usual, one step forward and one step back. We originally filed the form I-751 on June 28, 2019.  On September 25, 2019, we received notice that the case was ready for an interview.  Meanwhile, we also filed for citizenship on July 8, 2020.    On April 9, 2021 we received notice that the interview for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was completed but no interview took place. On April 12, 2021, the case Was approved but no10 year green card was sent.  The form I-797-Notice of Action stated that a green card was not being sent because the N-400 was approved which was an error because on April 13, the Citizenship interview was scheduled for May 17th.   Since my wife  needed a green card to secure employment, we wrote to the agency and they said to ask the USCIS officer to mail the green card to us.    We notified the officer of the issue with the green card and she said she wasn't sure what was going on with the error. My wife then passed the exam and was recommended for approval of her citizenship.   However, instead of a celebration,  our experience has shown no to get your hopes up.  Now a week and 1/2 later it is becoming clear that we would not rapidly get the notice of approval of naturalization probably due to error on the I-751 approval which would have been done along with the citizenship interview as the officer invited me in.  So now we have paid for both the green card and citizenship and for now have neither.

7 hours ago, YvonneMark said:

Yes. Transferred to NBC, then ready to be scheduled, and now scheduled.

Okay. Mine has been "ready to schedule for an interview" since December 2019.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.