PP_2016

I-751 June 2019 Filers

1,144 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Hannah_NYC said:

I know. It's been a real struggle with the whole process!!! God knows how much longer we need to wait.  

Do we pay for the stamp?? 

No, the necessity for a stamp is their fault for stalling these applications which they could have avoided.  Up until January, you had Immigration leadership that "slow walked" the I-751 insisting on interviewing all applicants (Dec. 2018) when they had only interviewed a small percentage for fraud in the past.  This was done because they were against all immigration, including legal immigration and while they were supposed to follow the law, they used their discretion to slow things down. 

On 2/20/2021 at 8:19 PM, seablock said:

No, the necessity for a stamp is their fault for stalling these applications which they could have avoided.  Up until January, you had Immigration leadership that "slow walked" the I-751 insisting on interviewing all applicants (Dec. 2018) when they had only interviewed a small percentage for fraud in the past.  This was done because they were against all immigration, including legal immigration and while they were supposed to follow the law, they used their discretion to slow things down. 

Same here, I was really hoping for new administration to consider losing up the restrictions because as they claim they are more immigration friendly. Nothing has changed, been waiting for interview since Sept, 2020.

38 minutes ago, Lilly222 said:

Same here, I was really hoping for new administration to consider losing up the restrictions because as they claim they are more immigration friendly. Nothing has changed, been waiting for interview since Sept, 2020.

I got a stamp today and the officer told me that my case is now in the field office, NYC, since July 2020 when the status changed to ' ready for an interview '. The processing times for that office are 13-31 months, and he was like: it's still early, you'll have to wait another 3-5 years!!! Literally those were his words!! ( applied july 2019). 

So basically,  now the process takes roughly 10 years, from beginning to end. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️. I feel like they are getting paid just so they make our lives more difficult.  

He was so unpleasant... he barely looked at me. 

#HateUSCIS

21 minutes ago, Hannah_NYC said:

I got a stamp today and the officer told me that my case is now in the field office, NYC, since July 2020 when the status changed to ' ready for an interview '. The processing times for that office are 13-31 months, and he was like: it's still early, you'll have to wait another 3-5 years!!! Literally those were his words!! ( applied july 2019). 

So basically,  now the process takes roughly 10 years, from beginning to end. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️. I feel like they are getting paid just so they make our lives more difficult.  

#HateUSCIS

Wow, that's freaking insane! Why do they think they can act like this towards people? It's the feeling superior I guess. Sorry you had to go through that!

I had a pleasant experience on my end here in LA, the lady was nice and said many nice things. Overall it was a relatively quick experience for me.

Also, when it comes to interview I've heard of incredible wait times as well! But I see people that filed in 2020 already get their green cards, how is that possible? It basically means, they want to interview everyone who filed in 2019 but whoever filed in 2020 just get their cards mailed? Doesn't make sense.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hannah_NYC said:

#HateUSCIS

The IO may not want to look at you because he feels sheepish about his agency wasting your time for no reason.  That is good news if only baby steps.  Our baby step today was we got a call back from an immigration officer after about two weeks of waiting.  After I told him we needed the stamp for work and for travel, he  asked a number of questions about covid (e.g. do you feel sick bla bla bla) and then promptly said there were no appointments available.  He said he would "escalate" the case and we could expect to hear back  within 72 hours from someone else.  As a tax payer, it is pretty depressing that we have to pay for this service and then have to jump through hoops just to put a stamp in a passport due to their inability to timely process the case. 

2 hours ago, seablock said:

The IO may not want to look at you because he feels sheepish about his agency wasting your time for no reason.  That is good news if only baby steps.  Our baby step today was we got a call back from an immigration officer after about two weeks of waiting.  After I told him we needed the stamp for work and for travel, he  asked a number of questions about covid (e.g. do you feel sick bla bla bla) and then promptly said there were no appointments available.  He said he would "escalate" the case and we could expect to hear back  within 72 hours from someone else.  As a tax payer, it is pretty depressing that we have to pay for this service and then have to jump through hoops just to put a stamp in a passport due to their inability to timely process the case. 

WHATTTT!!! No appointment available?? That's really crazy!! They HAVE to do it, otherwise we can't work! And on the other hand they give us only 30 days to apply for it before we get fired from work due to not having the paperwork.  

And yes, I feel like everyone is getting their green cards and they have 2019 filers on their torture list. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
10 hours ago, seablock said:

Taxes dont pay them, its the fees we pay.

USCIS is build on filling fees, nothing else.

10 hours ago, beasty said:

Taxes dont pay them, its the fees we pay.

USCIS is build on filling fees, nothing else.

The fees are pretty high, there are so many immigrants applying daily yet it seems like they are always short staffed and everything takes years, not months at this point. 

18 hours ago, Hannah_NYC said:

WHATTTT!!! No appointment available?? That's really crazy!! They HAVE to do it, otherwise we can't work! And on the other hand they give us only 30 days to apply for it before we get fired from work due to not having the paperwork.  

And yes, I feel like everyone is getting their green cards and they have 2019 filers on their torture list. 

2019 and 2018 filers have it the worst for sure, I think they might have put 2019 on hold while dealing with 2020 and now its just straight up waiting game for them. 

On 26.02.2021 at 14:27, Lilly222 said:

У файловых компаний 2019 и 2018 годов наверняка будет худшее, я думаю, они, возможно, отложили 2019 год, имея дело с 2020 годом, и теперь их просто ждет игра. 

Where and how to check the processing time of cases in the local office?

1 hour ago, nyoleg said:

Where and how to check the processing time of cases in the local office?

I don't know how... but when I went for my infopass,  the officer told me is 13-30 months for the NYC office.  

12 hours ago, Hannah_NYC said:

Я не знаю как ... но когда я пошел за своим информационным пропуском, офицер сказал мне, что в офисе Нью-Йорка 13-30 месяцев.  

it is terrible. One girl is already waiting for 2 GK for 4 years, NY

8 minutes ago, nyoleg said:

I say this everytime , I really don’t understand how this works in NY, I believe NY is extremely slow ... alot of people complain about NY... it’s so frustrating.

Fingers crossed...

5 hours ago, Greatdane11 said:

Я говорю это каждый раз, я действительно не понимаю, как это работает в Нью-Йорке, я считаю, что Нью-Йорк очень медленный ... многие люди жалуются на Нью-Йорк ... это так расстраивает.

Скрещенные пальцы...

in May my case was transferred from the Vermot office. and since June my case status Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview. Yesterday I phoned the USCIS office to put I-551 in my passport

2 hours ago, nyoleg said:

OMG!!! This is really ridiculous.  NYC is the worst!! 

I'm wondering if I was to move to a different state,  would that speed up the process?  

Have you guys seen anyone attending ONLY I-751 interviews in NYC? 

Nobody here posts info on this office. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.