PP_2016

I-751 June 2019 Filers

1,144 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, VeronicaL said:

Ive seen  that happening several times as well. Theoretically they want to interview everybody who hasn’t received their green card though adjustment of status (meaning people who came with the CR1)  because they want you to have at least one interview in the states. But I mean their case load is just nuts, so I’m sure some people slip through the cracks in this system. 

You’ll definitely be told to come with a print out of your appointment letter as you cannot gain entry to the building without it ... No walk-in

Edited by Greatdane11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Greatdane11 said:

You’ll definitely be told to come with a print out of your appointment letter as you cannot gain entry to the building without it ... No walk-in

I’m not sure I understand what you mean here. I was explaining why some folks get their new card without interview. 

15 minutes ago, VeronicaL said:

I’m not sure I understand what you mean here. I was explaining why some folks get their new card without interview. 

I actually intended responding to another message , not yours.

I was trying to respond to a message about things needed when going for I-551 which are 

1) A copy of your appointment letter 

2) A valid passport 

3) The expired green card

4) Valid means of identification (Govt issued)

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Greatdane11 said:

I actually intended responding to another message , not yours.

I was trying to respond to a message about things needed when going for I-551 which are 

1) A copy of your appointment letter 

2) A valid passport 

3) The expired green card

4) Valid means of identification (Govt issued)

Gotcha! I was so confused :) do you know if you also have to bring the extension letter?

4 hours ago, VeronicaL said:

Gotcha! I was so confused :) do you know if you also have to bring the extension letter?

I would advise you go with it , I did go with mine but was not asked, the lady only collected my expired 2years GC and confirmed the date to be hand printed on the infopass. 

12 hours ago, Greatdane11 said:

Вам нужно только иметь при себе грин-карту с истекшим сроком действия, действующий паспорт и действующие средства идентификации, например, водительские права. Мой был очень быстрым, всего 15-20 минут я входил и выходил.

can i leave the country (travel) with a stamp I-551  in my passport?

19 hours ago, VeronicaL said:

Ive seen  that happening several times as well. Theoretically they want to interview everybody who hasn’t received their green card though adjustment of status (meaning people who came with the CR1)  because they want you to have at least one interview in the states. But I mean their case load is just nuts, so I’m sure some people slip through the cracks in this system. 

Funny not funny thing is we had a first interview for temporary GC and it went well! No idea why they would want us to go in again, my lawyer told me 25% out of a 100% gets randomly selected for a second interview. I guess im in the lucky bunch lol I really don't care though, I just want them to schedule it so we can get it over with.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Lilly222 said:

Funny not funny thing is we had a first interview for temporary GC and it went well! No idea why they would want us to go in again, my lawyer told me 25% out of a 100% gets randomly selected for a second interview. I guess im in the lucky bunch lol I really don't care though, I just want them to schedule it so we can get it over with.

I can understand that 😕 same here. I think now they are aiming more for interviewing 80-90%. 

8 minutes ago, VeronicaL said:

I can understand that 😕 same here. I think now they are aiming more for interviewing 80-90%. 

Same here!! And I do agree!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Waiting for a year and 1/2 for our I-751 interview.  My wife's extension letter expires in March so we called to get an appointment for to get her passport stamped.  They said they would contact us within 7 business days and that has passed.  Should we call back?

Edited by seablock

10 minutes ago, seablock said:

Waiting for a year and 1/2 for our I-751 interview.  My wife's extension letter expires in March so we called to get an appointment for to get her passport stamped.  They said they would contact us within 7 business days and that has passed.  Should we call back?

No need. I called to schedule the infopass 12 days ago and followed up yesterday.  I was on hold for 1hr just to be told that I'm in queue and that it takes 14 days or a little more due to covid.🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks.  I was hoping with the new administration that things would improve.  Especially since we are paying for this service.  They should not mislead callers as our operator said 7 working days. 

8 minutes ago, seablock said:

Thanks.  I was hoping with the new administration that things would improve.  Especially since we are paying for this service.  They should not mislead callers as our operator said 7 working days. 

I know. It's been a real struggle with the whole process!!! God knows how much longer we need to wait.  

Do we pay for the stamp?? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.